Ok I see this and that phone that says unlocked. I have Sprint and am not gonna switch either. Is it possible to get a phone from ebay thats unlocked and have it activated on my sprint account?
    You can obviously see that i don't fully understand this. so give me a hand. thanks
    07-26-09 02:16 PM
    firstly the concept of "unlocked" really only applies to GSM phones, that are targetted to a particular carrier..In may cases there are ways to make them unlocked.

Despite the above.. a similar concept applies to CDMA phones. For a handset to be used on the Sprint CDMA network, it must have originally been sold/provided by Sprint.. Each device has an ESN, or MEID that individually identifies the handset and the carrier (in this case SPrint) has a record of which devices are logged for use on the Sprint Network.

Unless a phone you are comtemplating purchase has a Sprint Logo, do NOT purchase it, and even if so, ask for the ESN number and call Sprint CS to ensure you can activate it...

Regardless of the above... since phones vary from free to cheap, why bother ever buying a phone on the second hand market?..

Ok I see this and that phone that says unlocked. I have Sprint and am not gonna switch either. Is it possible to get a phone from ebay thats unlocked and have it activated on my sprint account?
    You can obviously see that i don't fully understand this. so give me a hand. thanks
    07-26-09 02:21 PM
    so i guess I have access the the best data plan around, but if your into devices you have to wait longer then the rest because sprint is last to get them if they get them at all.
    07-26-09 02:37 PM
    so i guess I have access the the best data plan around, but if your into devices you have to wait longer then the rest because sprint is last to get them if they get them at all.
    They are getting better. They got the Tour at the same time as Verizon. They have been getting the big HTC releases at the same time, usually before, their competition. Hopefully this is a sign of Sprint making a turn around. The price and coverage is to good to go anywhere else.
    07-26-09 04:23 PM
    It should be said that the above is not completly true with all CDMA carriers. Ver will activate any CDMA phone that is not "blacklisted". With that said you see I am still with sprint.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD