Im new, so be easy on me.
    I have recently been given a Verizon Blackberry 8330 Curve. I have no dataplan for the phone. I am interested in anything on free wifi side. I have searched your site for any article on wifi and reviewed many articles. I have downloaded Opera mini, it is on device but will not completely install. I have not found this tcp nor this wifi wizard that i have read about. I get the feeling there is more to tweak, download and install. I don't want this phone to be a paperweight. Any help will be appreciated.
    07-26-10 09:56 PM
    Were you able to even hook the phone up to Verizon w/o the
    data plan?

I also moved this to the correct forums. This is more of Verizon
    than a device issue.
    07-26-10 10:00 PM
    The 8330 for verizon doesn't have wifi, which explains why you can't find the wifi setup. Only the 8320 does. I'm afraid you are out of luck. Get a data plan. Its well worth it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-10 10:04 PM
    The 8330 does not include WiFi.
    07-26-10 10:05 PM
    I can guarantee you had a data plan put on no matter what your rep told you. It something that is automatically added. You may want to look in to it because it actually brings up the BES plan first and the rep would have to change it to the BIS plan and save yourself $15 a month.
    07-26-10 10:23 PM
    Im glad it was free otherwise i would be mad at myself. This phone is 5 times the expense of my prepay plan. Until I can activate this phone at a reasonable cost, I guess it will be a paperweight. Thanks for all replies
    07-26-10 11:08 PM
    Im glad it was free otherwise i would be mad at myself. This phone is 5 times the expense of my prepay plan. Until I can activate this phone at a reasonable cost, I guess it will be a paperweight. Thanks for all replies
    Buying the smartphone isn't the expensive part, its paying for the data plan. Your only chance at not spending $30/month is if Verizon introduces new data options. Hence why the curve is essentially free from VZW on contract.
    07-27-10 07:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD