Hi there,
    I have the Personal Email plan for rogers, and I was just wondering if I could use Jive Talk as well.. or some sort of Msn or IM.. or would that be extra
    02-01-08 07:09 PM
    JiveTalk uses data so as long as you have that you should be good. Also, it should be unlimited so you don't have overage charges.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-08 07:11 PM
    but its not a data.. its personal email 15$ a month
    i dont get browsing
    just email/MMS and BBM
    02-01-08 07:20 PM
    asharp, I answered the question on another section of teh forum. The answer is it might work but no one can guarantee it. Download the tril and check it out. For what it's worth I have RIM Yahoo messenger working on my 8310, but not RIM Google Talk or RIM Facebook.
    02-01-08 07:24 PM
    We can send MMS for free with the $15 email plan? didnt know that!
    02-01-08 08:40 PM
    Most 3rd party apps will NOT work on the $15 plan.
    02-01-08 08:43 PM
    I'm pretty sure MMS isn't included. You have the option to, but it's pay per use. You can email pics to anyone for free though.
    02-01-08 08:43 PM
    Well, it's true that the $15 Unlimited E-Mail plan is for e-mail only....but if people (like me) can find workarounds, more power to them! (besides...in truth what more do you need than push email and Opera mini???)
    02-01-08 09:16 PM
    Jivetalk does not work with the $15 email/im plan, ive tried it before once I switched it. Its a drag, it would be VERY handy if it worked!

Frasereales is correct about the pay per use for the MMS. You need to add another option for that. However with rogers a great plan they offer is the communicate 20. for $20 you get;
    2500 sent txt msgs
    1000 pic/vid msgs
    caller id, who called, name display
    voicemail

the plan gives you the 5mb of mobile, but since you have a blackberry it produces a conflict - but you can negoiate with them and say since im 'paying' for the 5mb, give me something for free. I did this and got 35 mins of canadian long distance for free.

---

fraser, how did you get the RIM yahoo working? I tried but it didnt work and it sent me to the blackberry site and it downloaded something - which in turn deleted the yahoo of my device!!! I downloaded yahoo go 3 (or something) and it doesnt work :/
    02-01-08 09:38 PM
    Davey you're such a genious! You are always findng things! Right now I have the $10 communicate value pack, and the $10 text messaging plan.... If I switch over to that $20 plan, I will still be paying the same amount, but I can get the 1000 MMS and maybe i can negotiate the long distance plan!
    02-01-08 09:53 PM
    haha thanks!

Just argue that your paying the $20 for the features mentioned, and since you are taking this away I would like something in place of it. Just be nice and they should do it, if they say no just keep asking and bugging them and making up stories
    02-01-08 09:54 PM
    oops ya your right about the MMS
    i just meant attaching pictures/songs via email.

how do u find walkarounds??!??!?! lol tips please
    02-01-08 10:23 PM
    Well the walk arounds are getting little things for free when you already have something paid for. An example of this which we are all very excited about is when yu get the $15 unlimited email + im plan, and you download opera mini 4, you get unlimited web browsing at no extra charge!

There are a few other programs which you are allowed to use, but not to many (very few)
    02-01-08 10:43 PM
    Davey, when i called to put personal email on my phone the girl said I wasn't able to browse. And whenever I even try to open the browser it says "unable to connect" any suggestions?? how is unlimited web browsing able to work withouht a data plan. lol

also, what is opera mini 4?
    02-01-08 10:50 PM
    Yep, what the rep said is correct.

Opera Mini 4 is another web browser for the BB's. Some people argue that its better than the BB Browser. Most people get this one their phone the first few tries, but some have troubles, but myself, frasereales, and bla1ze are trying to find all problems around anyting preventing it from working.

You can get opera mini 4 from

www.operamini.com/downoad

(Use the download to PC and then just open up desktop manager and use the app loader).

Once installed goto your BB and load it up, it will do its loading screen and all that (should take about 30-40 seconds) if it asks to select HTTP or Socket, select HTTP (not sure if it makes a difference, but i think some programs do and on both my BBs i have it on HTTP and it works no problem). Then a message will appear about gaining access to a lower-level internet, just click 'yes'.

And hopefully you will be forwarded to the screen which tells you about OM4, where you have to press the menu key -> accept to carry on.

It does use data, but its configured so that rogers doesnt have access to bill it to your account. Think of it as stealing electricity off your neighbor to power your house with out it going trough your power meter). Its mentioned in the other post on this rogers forum named opera mini 4 on rogers.
    02-01-08 10:57 PM
    i downloaded opera mini 4 and read about it. this seems really neattt im excited!!!!!!!
    02-01-08 11:01 PM
    Oh its very neat indeed! It excites everybody who knows about it with Rogers who has the $15 email/im plan
    02-01-08 11:02 PM
    thanks davey.. im really glad u told me about this.. everything seems to be working fine
    as long as im not charged extra
    are you 100% positive i wont see additional web browsing charges?? lol my mama would kill me
    02-01-08 11:05 PM
    Nope, you shouldnt. A few people said they havent got anything yet so far, and fraser (i believe it was him i have to check back at the post) called up the rogers rep and spoke with him about it and said you wont get charged
    02-01-08 11:19 PM
    k great
    is there any online site i can check my current data usage jsut to make sure?
    i tried looking online on my rogers bills but its not really up to date by the seconds lol
    02-01-08 11:33 PM
    also wen u say 15$email/ IM plan
    which i have obviously
    but does that mean instant messanger is free or does it just mean the BBM
    02-01-08 11:43 PM
    just the BBM and Pin messaging
    02-01-08 11:45 PM
    nice. well do u mind me adding u to my BBM? i notcice u have ur PIN visable. not to be a creeper or anything.. just so u could keep me up to date if u find out anything else (walkarounds, or if we do end up getting billed for opera mini) let me know !
    02-01-08 11:48 PM
    Nope not at all. Its there for people to add me haha.

Ill be heading to sleep though so I wont be on to accept the invite till tomorrow morning
    02-01-08 11:54 PM
    k sounds good. ill add ya tonight and Ping you tomorrow hahaah
    oo and im a 20 yr female
    student @ western university just incase u didnt want some old weirdo adding u hahahaha
    02-02-08 12:00 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD