There is my issue. I bought blackberry from my friend and I had no idea what does it mean ) So after that I found out that I need to unlock this phone if I wanna use it. Iam trying to get into this problem and read lots of informations about that. I now, that this blackberry is Tour 9630 with Spirit. I dont know if its on GSM or CDMA. I made wipe out after 10 wrong passwords. Now I can see icon in the right corner 1xe and when I wanna call, I still see old phone number instead of my number on my roger simcard. Pleas, could you help me and explain me how I could unlock this phone to use it? I am living in Canada and I would like to use it with GSM sim card - Roger.
    Thanks a lot for any response...
    02-17-11 12:52 AM
    I'm assuming you are talking about a Blackberry Tour 9630 from Sprint, cause after searching on google there is no carrier named spirit.

You need to first of all unlock the phone. I recommend using cellunlock or freethisberrydotcom, very reliable and quick. Their prices aren't bad either.

The Tour 9630 is a CDMA with SIM card capabilities. So once it is unlocked you insert the SIM and make sure your mobile network options is set to 2G or GSM. You will not get 3G on the phone as it does not have the right bands to use 3G within North America.

Even after inserting your SIM card you will see your friends number as it is programmed into the phone. Only way to change it is to get the MSL code from Sprint and reprogram it with your number. It will still work even if you dont change the number being displayed.
    kapicek2 likes this.
    02-17-11 01:01 AM
    Thanks for you quick answer Yes, you are right, it is sprint,not spirit So, is it so, that I have to order some code from that web sites you recommended me? And after that, I have to go through settings to advanced options and sim card and there I have to type MEPD and MEPD2 and insert my code I got and thats it? And what if my code will be wrong?
    02-17-11 01:16 AM
    If you get it from one of the unlockers I recommended or even from any unlock on these forums. Chances that it is wrong is very very slim. THese codes I have never gotten a wrong code from any unlocker in about 20 orders.

But yes once you get the unlock code you go to options > advanced options > sim card and type MEPD and MEP2. Once you enter the code and it accepts it reset your Blackberry and you are ready to go.

As well I believe Sprint was giving unlock codes away for their Tour previously, if I'm not mistaken. Have you checked if its unlocked already by chance?

After typing MEPD a bunch of options should reveal itself. They should say disabled if its unlocked already
    kapicek2 likes this.
    02-17-11 01:23 AM
    Thanks a lot, I really appreciate that. I will try that and than I will let you know
    02-17-11 10:43 AM
    I'm assuming you are talking about a Blackberry Tour 9630 from Sprint, cause after searching on google there is no carrier named spirit.

You need to first of all unlock the phone. I recommend using cellunlock or freethisberrydotcom, very reliable and quick. Their prices aren't bad either.

The Tour 9630 is a CDMA with SIM card capabilities. So once it is unlocked you insert the SIM and make sure your mobile network options is set to 2G or GSM. You will not get 3G on the phone as it does not have the right bands to use 3G within North America.

Even after inserting your SIM card you will see your friends number as it is programmed into the phone. Only way to change it is to get the MSL code from Sprint and reprogram it with your number. It will still work even if you dont change the number being displayed.

Thanks for the feedback!
    02-17-11 01:09 PM
    Hi, sorry for my late response, I have been on small ski trip anyway, everytime when I get into the menu - advanced options and then sim card, when I type MEPD or MEP2, nothing really happen. there is written Sim card : Security Disabled, then I can see my ID and my phone number. What does it mean?? And in the right corner,where is signal is 1x...

Thanks,

Michal
    03-01-11 12:12 AM
    The security disabled beside the SIM card heading means you don't have a security or PIN code associated with your SIM card.

As well on the SIM card menu, when typing MEPD make sure you have SIM card inserted. The mepd does not have to be capitals
    kapicek2 likes this.
    03-01-11 12:15 AM
    So it means its wrong sim card? Its canadian sim card (ROGER). No,nothing happen when I type MEPD or mepd and then MEP2
    03-01-11 12:25 AM
    Did you try keeping your Rogers SIM card in the phone, then Go to manage connections > Mobile network options and change your settings to 2G to see if it works by chance?
    kapicek2 likes this.
    03-01-11 12:29 AM
    Ooooohh my gosh, its working )) you are genius!!!! well, and also its showing my number,which is good. And is possible to somehow get into the app world?
    03-01-11 12:39 AM
    Subscribe to a Blackberry data plan is the only way for you to get app world working.. Glad it helped.
    03-01-11 12:44 AM
    Ok, and now really last question I feel like *****, but I dont know how to get to internet? Is it possible to get on net, if I have wireless?
    Michal
    03-01-11 12:49 AM
    No, you cannot get the internet to work on your Tour without a Blackberry data plan unfortunately, as the Tour does have wifi capabilities
    Last edited by aznlgcy; 03-01-11 at 07:15 PM.
    03-01-11 04:36 PM
    Hi, its me again I have problem with recieving calls. I cant recieve calls. Its probably due to my signal icon, where is written EDGE ? Is any option how to fix it? Thanks a lot,

Michal
    03-02-11 01:45 PM
    You need a BlackBerry Data Plan.
    03-04-11 06:02 AM
    if you have regular data from your carrier you can install a custom service book from the likes of anworm, etc that enable the browser to access the web. Appworld works as well(however some apps require BIS/BES to function).
    03-04-11 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD