About 3 weeks ago I call TMO BB support to let them know about a signal problem. There is a shopping center near my house that my phone goes to SOS in open air. They told me that their coverage map says I should have excellent signal. I told them that I know what the map says but my phone disagrees. They said they would forward it to the engineers and if it was something simple that I would see a change in a week. Two weeks later no change so I call back and was told that they checked it out and there will be a new tower installed within 120 days.

So can I believe them?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 04:59 PM
    About 3 weeks ago I call TMO BB support to let them know about a signal problem. There is a shopping center near my house that my phone goes to SOS in open air. They told me that their coverage map says I should have excellent signal. I told them that I know what the map says but my phone disagrees. They said they would forward it to the engineers and if it was something simple that I would see a change in a week. Two weeks later no change so I call back and was told that they checked it out and there will be a new tower installed within 120 days.

So can I believe them?
    You can believe that T-Mobile is an ethical company with every intention to back up what they say. You can also believe that you are 1 of 33 million customer and your issues may easily get lost in the shuffle.

If this is important to you, follow it like a hawk and stay after them.

T-Mobile is a good outfit but they like everyone have a lot on their plates and your issues are not necessarily front and center and there is nothing wrong with reminding them that you are watching and waiting for their follow-up on your concerns.
    11-20-09 05:03 PM
    If they filed a ticket with technical and technical has that issue high on their priority list, it will get fixed soon, if not, you'll be waiting.
    11-20-09 08:14 PM
    You have a good claim
    Here in New York City they now have four towers 'down' in midtown. How long does it take TM for repairs in a large metropolitan area?
    I have been waiting for two weeks for the tower to be 'repaired' near my house.
    11-20-09 08:31 PM
    I asked for better signal twice and it was fixed in 60 days. Went from 1 bar to 4 bars.
    11-20-09 10:11 PM
    I would call and make at least a few requests to get it fixed over time...that way, your trouble ticket won't be lost in the mix and you'll probably see it done sooner.

In my experience, when T-Mobile says that they'll "look into" something, they generally do as they say.
    11-21-09 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD