So I asked this on another webbie, the Samsung Eternity forum to be exact, and I was wondering if my 2 year contract started in march, if I could get this phone: BlackBerry® Curve 8320 Cell Phone, and yes it is from AT&T so I was wondering if I get it in the summer of next year, without a contract, if I could not get the data plan on it since I am just a kid, and I will not use it that much unless in the house with the wireless router!

I think the only way they can enforce this is when you sign a new contract. From what I remember, they said all current contracts are not affected. So if you get something off of ebay you have no reason to renew your contract, you shouldn't be affected.
    09-19-09 08:56 AM
    please help
    09-19-09 09:18 AM
    So I asked this on another webbie, the Samsung Eternity forum to be exact, and I was wondering if my 2 year contract started in march, if I could get this phone: BlackBerry® Curve 8320 Cell Phone, and yes it is from AT&T so I was wondering if I get it in the summer of next year, without a contract, if I could not get the data plan on it since I am just a kid, and I will not use it that much unless in the house with the wireless router!

I think the only way they can enforce this is when you sign a new contract. From what I remember, they said all current contracts are not affected. So if you get something off of ebay you have no reason to renew your contract, you shouldn't be affected.
    Wow! What grade are you in?

1. Your title. Please try to be more descriptive in the future. Titles like HELP! are against the forum rules.

2. Do not buy the Curve if you do not want to pay $30 per month for the data plan. According to the ATT website, certain devices require the data plan (PLAN TERMS | AT&T), so unless you have a Curve already with out data, you will be enforced to buy the plan. All carriers are now requiring this for Blackberry owners.

3. If you already bought the Curve, tell your mom you need to sell it quick.

4. You're welcome.
    Last edited by TequilaAddict; 09-20-09 at 12:05 AM.
    09-19-09 09:31 AM
    5. Do not buy a BlackBerry from ebay.

6. See #4.
    Last edited by TequilaAddict; 09-19-09 at 11:51 PM.
    09-19-09 10:17 AM
    see craigslist.org
    10-06-09 12:30 PM
    if you want to just use for calls and sms just pop ur sim in it will work nothing else required but without the data plan pic msging will not work and wifi is not guranteed
    10-14-09 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD