My husband and I are on a family plan, both with the Pearl. My phone is the primary line & his is the second. We got the phones on 3/7/08. We aren't eligible for NE2 until September or something like that. However, my account is VIP, so I can do an annual upgrade on 3/7/09, which is just a little over 4 weeks away.

So I've been lusting after a Curve for awhile, and have been (im)patiently waiting until I can do my annual upgrade. According to my math, at today's price, I can get my Curve for cheap. My husband has not expressed any interest in upgrading to the Curve (he's not a crackhead like me). But if the price is right, I'm sure he won't object to having a new shiny gadget.

So my question is, will we be able to upgrade both of our phones at the BOGO price under this sale? I'm thinking NOT because I don't think the 2nd line qualifies for annual upgrades.

Anybody know?
    02-05-09 09:49 PM
    Secondary lines do not qualify for annual upgrade so you will not be able to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 10:12 PM
    With verizon starting the BOGO it wouldn't matter that the 2nd line is eligible would it?

My mom done an upgrade last year with alltel and got a BOGO on a phone and my dad was able to get the 2nd phone and not use his upgrade, but that wasn't a bb and was with alltel...................
    02-06-09 08:09 PM
    My husband and I are on a family plan, both with the Pearl. My phone is the primary line & his is the second. We got the phones on 3/7/08. We aren't eligible for NE2 until September or something like that. However, my account is VIP, so I can do an annual upgrade on 3/7/09, which is just a little over 4 weeks away.

So I've been lusting after a Curve for awhile, and have been (im)patiently waiting until I can do my annual upgrade. According to my math, at today's price, I can get my Curve for cheap. My husband has not expressed any interest in upgrading to the Curve (he's not a crackhead like me). But if the price is right, I'm sure he won't object to having a new shiny gadget.

So my question is, will we be able to upgrade both of our phones at the BOGO price under this sale? I'm thinking NOT because I don't think the 2nd line qualifies for annual upgrades.

Anybody know?
    youre completely right
    02-06-09 10:05 PM
    I just talked to Verizon. I can do an annual upgrade but my husband can't because he's the 2nd line.

Oh well. It was worth a shot I guess. He's not lusting for the Curve anyway. That's all me.

Thanks!

02-07-09 08:32 AM
    like I said, very limited deal that helps only VERY few ppl out there!

I guess u can say "hey, verizon didn't have to do this for us." Which is true! I just hate that they mascare it as if it was a real deal for the masses...

as most of us realize that we will never qualify for it, guess what..... IT WILL BE KNOWN! lol
    02-07-09 09:10 AM
    maybe they're going to use it as an attention getter to get ppl in the door to actually hold a storm in their hands
    02-07-09 09:11 AM
    We're good customers but can't get an upgrade BOGO
    02-07-09 12:10 PM
    So you guys are upset that a secondary line that pays $10 a month and already got a $200 phone discount can't get another $400 discount after paying less than $200 in service?

02-07-09 02:09 PM
    So you guys are upset that a secondary line that pays $10 a month and already got a $200 phone discount can't get another $400 discount after paying less than $200 in service?

Agree 100% But everyone wants something for nothing. If your not happy with Verizon try someone else. Because Verizon hasn't gotten this large without doing something right for their customers. This deal is mainly focused on getting more customers in the door. Existing customers are lucky they can even get a NE2. Two NEW lines = two new contracts = customers for life.
    02-07-09 02:24 PM
    Existing customers are lucky they can even get a NE2. Two NEW lines = two new contracts = customers for life.
    how about verizon is lucky they even get my business! I like it that way better!
    02-07-09 03:09 PM
    how about verizon is lucky they even get my business! I like it that way better!
    that is more like it
    02-07-09 03:39 PM
    Then leave..You must like them for a reason...There are plenty more other carriers.. This is YOUR CHOICE...Oh wait...if you switched you wouldn't be happy with them either. Verizon is providing a customer with a service that you must have a reason to be with them. A company is only as good as its customers. 80 Million People can't be wrong.
    Last edited by Lowsol94; 02-07-09 at 03:46 PM.
    02-07-09 03:43 PM
    Then leave..
    DON'T WANNA!
    02-07-09 07:54 PM

Anybody know?
    Alright...here's what you can do...MAYBE...once you're available for your upgrade if you REALLY do want the curve, call verizon, 1-800-922-0204, or 611 on one of your phones. Tell them that you want the bogo deal..explain that if you don't get it you will cancel when your contract is up. Start nice by asking, and get more and more mean as time goes on (if needed). Usually if they know you are going to go right down to the store, and sign a new 2 year contract on 2 lines...29.99 data plan included...they'll usually give in...I'd start being nice, and asking, then get more stern, and more, and more, blah blah blah. Usually works...especially as a "vip", and hopefully a longstanding customer with bill paid on time and all that. If they change the second line to an early upgrade, or note the account you can probably only go to a corporate store to get it, but as long as your a good paying customer they'll give ya the upgrade 8 months early on the second line
    02-07-09 08:25 PM
    Then leave..You must like them for a reason...There are plenty more other carriers.. This is YOUR CHOICE...Oh wait...if you switched you wouldn't be happy with them either. Verizon is providing a customer with a service that you must have a reason to be with them. A company is only as good as its customers. 80 Million People can't be wrong.
    Or some of the 80 million people do not really have a choice. I still do not understand why everyone thinks all the other cell phone provider are everywhere. Some people only have one choice because that's the only provider. Also the business plan of you do not owe your customers anything really does not work. Just ask all the failing companies right now. The supply does not run the market, it is the demand. If Verizon or any of the cell providers just want to end up with towers, phones and no customers I think they should just keep that mind set of not giving the customers anything, and poor customer service. Although that is just my thoughts on the topic, I am sure the Verizon employees on here will be after me after this one.

02-07-09 08:29 PM
    Again you do have a choice. If you NEED a cell phone then you would LIKE the one with the best service. IF a company has the best service then they invested A LOT of money in testing and infrastructure to be better than others.

Plans across the board with every large carrier are exactly the same price. How come Verizon's doesn't cost more but its the only one with better coverage in most areas? How come you can get $50 or $100 dollars off a new phone BEFORE you complete your legal contact (20 months vs. 24 months).

Do you think these phones are FREE to manufacture?? They are willing to give you one for free if you agree to stay with them for 24 months of a normal bill payment for what you need/like anyways.

For example most of us know. It costs $500 to buy a storm outright (no contract). They are willing to give you a Storm for 199.99 (not even counting the BOGO sale) if you say you will legally stay with them for 24 months. Bill doesn't go up, you don't pay anything else extra. So most people WILL stay for 2 years if they are FORCED or like the service they have. They are essentially GIVING you $200 dollars towards the purchase of your phone of the bat. Not counting NE2's or any other discounts.

Moral of the story. Unless you are strictly a volunteer everyone expects to get paid for quality and delivery of service. If you don't wanna pay for a phone don't get a high end device. If you don't wanna pay for quality of service then switch to a cheaper company. Don't complain when you DO have to pay for something you WANT once in a while. Despite these harder economic time people are still paying A LOT of money for the WANT of these high end devices they have lived with out for this long.
    Last edited by Lowsol94; 02-09-09 at 10:11 AM.
    02-09-09 10:02 AM
    Again you do have a choice. If you NEED a cell phone then you would LIKE the one with the best service. IF a company has the best service then they invested A LOT of money in testing and infrastructure to be better than others.

Plans across the board with every large carrier are exactly the same price. How come Verizon's doesn't cost more but its the only one with better coverage in most areas? How come you can get $50 or $100 dollars off a new phone BEFORE you complete your legal contact (20 months vs. 24 months).

Do you think these phones are FREE to manufacture?? They are willing to give you one for free if you agree to stay with them for 24 months of a normal bill payment for what you need/like anyways.

For example most of us know. It costs $500 to buy a storm outright (no contract). They are willing to give you a Storm for 199.99 (not even counting the BOGO sale) if you say you will legally stay with them for 24 months. Bill doesn't go up, you don't pay anything else extra. So most people WILL stay for 2 years if they are FORCED or like the service they have. They are essentially GIVING you $200 dollars towards the purchase of your phone of the bat. Not counting NE2's or any other discounts.

Moral of the story. Unless you are strictly a volunteer everyone expects to get paid for quality and delivery of service. If you don't wanna pay for a phone don't get a high end device. If you don't wanna pay for quality of service then switch to a cheaper company. Don't complain when you DO have to pay for something you WANT once in a while. Despite these harder economic time people are still paying A LOT of money for the WANT of these high end devices they have lived with out for this long.
    +1...I think it's pretty simple...If you want it buy it...if not....don't...you have 30 days to use it, and return it if you don't like it, pretty much free of charge, to a point. Although the 30 day test drive is going away come next week, so if you are on the fence about trying it, and might return it before your 30 days...get it before the 15'th, cuz after that you hafta actually pay the bill if you return it!
    02-09-09 11:08 AM
    she can give the free phone to her husband for his line it can be the storm or the curve
    02-09-09 11:59 AM
    i don't understand why they wouldn't offer at least upgrade anytime for the new contract rate with 2 year renewal on the regular phone deals, but the bogo is stretching it in my OP.
    02-09-09 07:03 PM
    Because you could get the new contract price on say 5 phones in a month then cancel for $175. Meanwhile you just got $1500 in discounts and paid less than a full month of service.

02-09-09 07:14 PM
    maybe they're going to use it as an attention getter to get ppl in the door to actually hold a storm in their hands
    I belive this is exactly what there doing And I aint mad at them. The Storm is a great phone
    02-09-09 11:13 PM
    Please let me know if calling Verizon really works for getting a early upgrade!!! I have a 8130 and I'm only a yr into a 2yr contract and want to upgrade.
    Wayne C.
    VA BCH VA
    02-10-09 06:57 PM
    Please let me know if calling Verizon really works for getting a early upgrade!!! I have a 8130 and I'm only a yr into a 2yr contract and want to upgrade.
    Wayne C.
    VA BCH VA
    If you want to upgrade early you'll probably have to pay full retail. Call and see for yourself.
    02-10-09 07:23 PM
    u can upgrade after 1 year. I believe u will lose ur every 2 discount this time around (and maybe forever with the current change) and if ur a VIP,u still get $50 off the new device
    02-10-09 10:55 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD