Hi Folks Iv had the same Bell Plan or contract for a year and a half now. On my last billing i noticed they are now charging me $7 for Extended hours nights.

Previously this charge was always on my Bill but right under the $7.00 Charge there waas a -$7.00 charge. It was included in the Plan i had negotiated back in January 2012 amongst other features that are also credited such as Unlimited pics and video.

Now I call in to inquire why all of a sudden im getting charged this $7 and they say oh looks like this promotion is over now! Guy says nothing he can do cause it was a promotion offered to me. But i told him it was part of my new plan that i had worked out. He begged to differ. I ask for a manager and he said someone will call me back.

Sorry for ranting over here but can they ever so convinently go ahead and change my plan out of the blue even though i signed up for a 3 year plan? I mean sounds weird they take this feature away now if it was a promotion. What did they give me a 18 month Promotion??? Any Advice?

Cheers
    06-10-13 07:34 PM
    Typically, add-ons and features can be changed because they are not part of the main contract service.

Do you have something in writing that guarantees that feature you "negotiated" would be part of your service for the duration? If so, I would present that as proof to retain the feature.
    06-10-13 07:39 PM
    Well No nothing givien to me in writting but like thats what i have benn getting charged from the start of my new negotiated plan back almost 18 months ago. Id understand if it was for like 2-3 months then gets taken off then id say it was a promotion.

Thats the way they entered it in the system i guess to make up my negotiated Plan. And now during my plan that im locked into they start taking features away? Seems like they have me between a rock and a hard place. Its not the amount $7 but more the principal.
    06-10-13 07:48 PM
    I would call back and ask for retentions. They typically try and help you if they can. It does seem very weird that they would start charging you out of the blue. The only time I've heard of a promotion going away is when you change your plan.
    06-11-13 10:55 AM
    Often negotiated features like these only last for a year or so at a time, after which you have to call in and negotiate them again.
    06-11-13 11:02 AM
    Regardless if it can be done, it SHOULDNT have been done. Call retentions. Stay on the phone. It will take 2 hours but you'll get it back. Things like that have worked out for me, just takes time lol
    06-13-13 08:46 AM
    Ya it takes time that's for sure. 45 minutes later but got the issue resolved.
    06-13-13 02:48 PM