I have noticed that when I call some land lines my name dosnt display on the coller I.D. For instance when I call my work it shows my number and "Unknown Caller" on the display. However, when other calls come in from other cell phone providers such as VZ and even Metro, the callers name is displayed on the screen. So anyone know whats going on here?
    11-18-09 10:51 AM
    so anyone else experience this? Or Is it just me?
    11-18-09 09:41 PM
    If you are talking about people calling you, their names will only be displayed on your BlackBerry screen if you have them in your Address Book, and the Address Book is not included in Content Protection. If you are talking about calls you make from your BlackBerry, what gets transmitted depends on your carrier, the carrier you are calling, whether the person you are calling has CallerID or CallerID Plus, and other factors beyond your control.
    11-18-09 10:15 PM
    I noticed this as well. Sometimes I'd get calls from my mom that would show unknown or private, and she's under my plan. Was visiting last week and noticed in certain spots of her house I'd be roaming. So I called her from one of those roaming spots, sure enough, I showed as unknown on her phone.

I'm just chalking that one up to either roaming that does it, sometimes, or another Twilight Zone episode I'm stuck in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 01:58 AM
    I am not talking about names not showing on my BLACKBERRY. I am talking strictly about land line based caller IDs. I work at a pharmacy and have noticed when someone calls in with a mobile phone their name shows up for every other mobile phone provider except Sprint. I have had several of my friends call my work line and shows their names, however Sprint callers show up as "unknown caller" all the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 09:58 AM
    What gets received for Caller ID depends on the sending carrier, the receiving carrier, and whether any LATA boundaries are crossed during the call. LATA issues may be what is affecting your Sprint customers. There is nothing the pharmacy can do about it.
    11-19-09 11:44 AM
    Also, the name may not be set in Sprint's computer system. I ported from Virgin Mobile and "Unknown" was the the name listed for the phone number.

What Sprint can do is promulgate the new name (either FIRST LAST or LAST FIRST, your pick). This take about 72 hours to take effect.
    11-19-09 12:14 PM
    Ok. I will try that. thanks
    11-19-09 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD