When I have a call coming in while I am on the line, the call waiting noise it makes on the phone is annoying and very often. I find myself repeating what I said to make sure the indicator did not cut me off and the person doesn't here what I have to say. Any way to adjust this or turn off?
    10-13-09 02:18 PM
    To turn off the call waiting go to phone>press BlackBerry button>scroll down to options and click trackball>scroll down to call waiting and click trackball>change call waiting enabled to no.
    10-13-09 05:15 PM
    No i want disable the sound. I still want calls to come through.
    10-13-09 09:32 PM
    No i want disable the sound. I still want calls to come through.
    Without the sound how are you going to know you have another call?
    10-14-09 12:18 AM
    It vibrates.
    11-19-09 05:15 PM
    I don't see an option for a vibration for call waiting. It only shows on or off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 06:32 PM
    The call waiting noise functions from your local AT&T telephone switch, and cannot be disabled in any phone options, as far as I know. I have no idea if it could be disabled in AT&Ts switch on a per customer basis, either.

If it annoys you that much, your probable only option is to disable call waiting, and send callers straight to voice mail if you're on the phone.

You could try to call customer support to see if they can possibly do anything on the frequency/tone, but I'm doubting it.
    11-19-09 08:04 PM
    Me too but thought I would ask.
    11-19-09 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD