Just what the title says. Call up your carriers and request a credit for not being able to use your email/data services because of the downtime.
    12-17-09 10:14 AM
    Just what the title says. Call up your carriers and request a credit for not being able to use your email/data services because of the downtime.
    oh lord, its customers like you i cant stand. its technology, it fails sometimes. you dont go to the car dealership and ask for a discount off of the price of the car when something goes wrong with it, just because you make payments on it do you??

people are ridiculous these days. I know some people have lost money because of it, thats understandable. Then the call for compensation is justified. But to make a post like this telling everyone to do it is beyond me
    12-17-09 10:20 AM
    oh lord, its customers like you i cant stand. its technology, it fails sometimes. you dont go to the car dealership and ask for a discount off of the price of the car when something goes wrong with it, just because you make payments on it do you??

people are ridiculous these days. I know some people have lost money because of it, thats understandable. Then the call for compensation is justified. But to make a post like this telling everyone to do it is beyond me
    hmmm... if it is under warranty I expect a vehicle loaner...

You pay for a service... if it doesn't work, why are you paying for it? I'll bet if you were to stop working, your job wouldn't continue to pay you...
    12-17-09 10:23 AM
    I'll bet if you were to stop working, your job wouldn't continue to pay you...
    They do if I'm sick- its called sick days and its factored in when you enter an agreement.
    12-17-09 10:25 AM
    hmmm... if it is under warranty I expect a vehicle loaner...

You pay for a service... if it doesn't work, why are you paying for it? I'll bet if you were to stop working, your job wouldn't continue to pay you...
    Exactly. Why pay for something that's not currently working. Why should I excuse the large corporation from such negative effects when they keep nickle and diming everyone with fees and other dreamed up charges. It's time we expected more from these companies and held them responsible on an equal basis. They charge you for providing a service and charge you for going over the provided service... it's now time to charge them for the lack of service.
    12-17-09 10:28 AM
    so at $30 a month, roughly a dollar a day is what we pay for BIS. You're suggesting i call VZW and spend time on the phone for a half-day outage?? you really want me to demand being credited 50 cents worth of service? Computer systems go down, it happens. It's not like RIM isn't doing everything they can to bring it back up. It really isn't worth calling about. BIS is operational over 99% of the time, so i won't complain if it goes down for a few hours once or twice a year. I'll live.
    12-17-09 10:33 AM
    Do NOT feed the troll
    12-17-09 10:34 AM
    They do if I'm sick- its called sick days and its factored in when you enter an agreement.
    Correct... I and Sprint/Verizon/my cable service and all other services I pay for, have no agreed upon sick/personal/annual or any other type of leave. So when they aren't working... I ain't paying...
    12-17-09 10:34 AM
    I can live without the e-mail for a while while they get it back together, the data is still running, I have communications via 2 other methods, and they're gonna have to order crackers and cheese by the truckload to deal with all of the spilled Whine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-09 10:39 AM
    We live in an imperfect world, and I've therefore given RIM a pass for prior outages, but this seems to be happening more frequently than it should. I feel like I can't rely on this device. I've had emails I've sent and thought I was done with it, only to find that they never went out. This just can't happen. Mix that with the poor sync problems with my calendar and task list as of late with DM giving problems, and I'm a feeling a bit distant towards my BB right now.
    12-17-09 10:47 AM
    Haha could be a good idea, except not many of us actually like having T-Mobile

Besides, my outage was near or around midnight. I was at home asleep, so it really was not a big deal. When I woke up my texting/e-mail worked just fine.
    12-17-09 10:49 AM
    Ten min after the hour, in comes a the pent up flood of emails.

99.99% Untime gives them roughly 12 hours a year for scheduled and unplanned down time.

My last message yesterday was just over 11 hours ago, or 99.99173 %

Good luck with that 'Civic.

12-17-09 11:12 AM
    When I buy a car, I'm buying a car.
    I have the car, I own it. If it works or not is beside the point.

When I purchase my data service, I'm paying for a service, conveniently one that advertises themselves as "the most reliable".
    If they don't provide the service, I shouldn't have to pay for it.

If it's down for more than a day, or down on a regular basis, I will complain and demand credit, or cancellation of the contract.
    12-17-09 11:30 AM
    What's worse is that I upgraded to a beta OS and have been thinking since last night that I messed something up because I wasn't receiving BIS email. Instead it appears that it's a problem on the carrier side. It wasted a lot of my time.
    12-17-09 11:32 AM
    It has been rather peaceful not getting emails this morning and my battery is still at 100%. The glass is half full.
    12-17-09 11:39 AM
    It has been rather peaceful not getting emails this morning and my battery is still at 100%. The glass is half full.
    That seems more like a personal problem though The service we are paying for should work. Honestly I don't get the feeling it happens that often but it really is annoying it happened when I had the opportunity to blame it on something I was doing. It's not like BB or ATT sends me a free text message when the service is not working properly. I have to figure it out on my own.
    12-17-09 11:45 AM
    I seem to be getting emails again starting with about 4am.
    12-17-09 11:55 AM
    An unreasonable sense of entitlement is the mark of the Californian.
    12-17-09 12:46 PM
    Do NOT feed the troll
    you got to pay the troll toll, to get into that boy's soul....

12-17-09 12:51 PM
    Haha could be a good idea, except not many of us actually like having T-Mobile

Besides, my outage was near or around midnight. I was at home asleep, so it really was not a big deal. When I woke up my texting/e-mail worked just fine.
    I love T-Mobile. I've been with them for 7 years and don't want to change. Speak for yourself.
    12-17-09 12:52 PM
    After the Sprint Error 2112 which cause a SMS outage among the carrier's subscribers, now we have a BlackBerry outage across America. Lots of users reports issues with their BlackBerry Internet Service and RIM officially acknowledged the problem saying that this is their fault not the carriers' fault. BIS users from all over North and South America are now experiencing problems in receiving emails on their handsets, however, phone, data and other services work fine.

12-17-09 01:58 PM
    I'm surprised it was just stated. Call blackberry for credit. Your voice and data services from verizon/sprattmo work fine.

12-17-09 03:11 PM
    This happened on Rogers a few weeks ago. They gave me a free month

12-17-09 03:14 PM
    Since Data is $30.00 per month, and there averages 30 days in a month, the total refund is about .50...and I just spent that in time putting up this post.
    12-17-09 03:22 PM
    and as i posted in another thread, if RIM (since this isnt a carrier issue) claims that they have 99% uptime (not sure what the actual number is)...there is 8760 hours in a year. 1% is 87.6 hours of downtime!
    12-17-09 03:26 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD