I'm looking at getting 2 Tours during the Black Friday special and I was curious to see how the call quality is for the Tour on the USCC network. I've read on other forums that there had been some issues with "muffled" calls which might have been cleared up with software updates but looking for feedback from current Tour users. Thanks.
    11-16-09 12:37 PM
    Part of the issue is the placement of the microphone along with its noise cancelling capabilities. It is at the bottom of the phone. So, if you hold the phone close to your palm, you can block the mic. The mic is not omni-directional, so it is expecting to pic thing up in a direct line to the mic.

Part of what helps is how you hold the phone. If you hold it so that the bottom of the phone sits about 1-2" from your palm, the sound can "bounce" off of your palm and into the mic. That way, you'll get clear voice across the mic.

I rarely ever talk on my BB without using my Jawbone. I find I am taking notes, checking the calendar, or looking something else up on my BB while in a call. I can't do that with my BB against my ear.
    11-16-09 04:12 PM
    I have no problems with call quality on my tour
    11-23-09 11:22 AM
    no problems here
    11-23-09 03:42 PM
    Thanks for the feedback....seals the deal. I plan on picking up 2 on Friday morning.
    11-23-09 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD