I just changed jobs and the new company wants me to use company provide phone and blackberry due to security reasons(They wont put my BB on BES). I'm 6 months into a 12 month contract with Tmobile and dont want to pay the ETF or loose my #. Can I forward my original calls to new blackberry? If yes, what if any charges on my old phone.
    11-12-08 09:52 PM
    I just changed jobs and the new company wants me to use company provide phone and blackberry due to security reasons(They wont put my BB on BES). I'm 6 months into a 12 month contract with Tmobile and dont want to pay the ETF or loose my #. Can I forward my original calls to new blackberry? If yes, what if any charges on my old phone.
    If I am reading you right you want to forward calls from T-Mobile to your new phone - - if that's the case most of T-Mobile's plans include 500 minutes of call forwarding without incuring charges - - if you go over the 500 minutes I am assuming you get overage charges on the forwarded calls. If you are signed up for My T-Mobile go in and click on your plan it will list the how many minutes of call forwarding is included on your plan - most of the plans that are 39.99 and above include the 500 - - but to be on the safe side check your plan on My T-Mobile. On my 39.99 plan if I go over the 500 the overage is charged at .40/min
    11-12-08 11:29 PM
    The 500 minutes of call forwarding without charges are conditional. Turning off the old phone and having it forwarded would be conditional.

If you keep your phone on and have all calls forwarded, they are regualar forwarded minutes and come out of your plan minutes.
    11-13-08 08:16 AM
    Good point on that - - if you pull up "see detail of current usage" on my T-Mobile you will see a seperate line item labeled "call forward conditional" with the 500 minutes. As the above poster pointed out there is a difference between conditional and unconditional - on the BlackBerry the "forward All Calls" would be unconditional, but if you set that up I don't believe it really matters if the phone is off or on because all the forwarding options are relayed to the cell system and attached to your account - so the setting really resides on their end after you set it and your handset communicates those settings - - that's why when you change any forwarding you'll see the "Please Wait" and hourglass icon, and data arrows because it is sending your forwarding setting to the cell system - so therefore I don't think it matters whether your phone is off or on after the forwarding request has been sent.

All the other forwarding options that are listed will say "If" - - those are "Conditional" and the reason you don't see any usage of your 500 minutes when you have those set as normal is becase the number that you are forwarding to under "stock" conditions (the way the phone is set by default) is your T-Mobile Voicemail number - - if you were to change the number to some number other than voicemail you'll see those 500 mins being used.
    11-13-08 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD