Hi everyone,

I want to buy a Motorole Milestone (HSPA version of the droid) when it launches on Telus, I have a USB data key, and I currently use that sim card in an unlocked Nokia E71. So I am a Telus customer.

Will they sell me a Milestone at full price, even if I don't have a voice plan with them? Would it be even legal for them to refuse to sell me a phone at full price?

I know this is a BB site (and I do have a Bold 9700 with rogers, it's why I come here often) but I thought maybe someone knows a little about Telus.

*edit*
    I use the SIM card in the E71 to surf the web and as a WiFi hotspot with JoikuSpot as was as some voip (SIP to an asterisk server), I plan on doing the same with the Milestone.
    02-13-10 05:35 PM
    I can't imagine that they wouldn't sell you the phone if you're paying the no contract price. I know I've bought handsets from Telus in the past for full price & activated them online later so activation wasn't a condition of sale. It may have changed with the new network, but I doubt it - after all, a lot of HSPA+ users have two or more handsets they just swap the Sim Card in & out of as the mood suits.

I'd just give it a try.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-13-10 06:59 PM
    Thanks. :-) I will absolutely give it a try !
    02-13-10 10:38 PM
    yes they do sell full price phones without plans.
    02-17-10 11:24 PM
    Hi everyone,

I want to buy a Motorole Milestone (HSPA version of the droid) when it launches on Telus, I have a USB data key, and I currently use that sim card in an unlocked Nokia E71. So I am a Telus customer.

Will they sell me a Milestone at full price, even if I don't have a voice plan with them? Would it be even legal for them to refuse to sell me a phone at full price?

I know this is a BB site (and I do have a Bold 9700 with rogers, it's why I come here often) but I thought maybe someone knows a little about Telus.

*edit*
    I use the SIM card in the E71 to surf the web and as a WiFi hotspot with JoikuSpot as was as some voip (SIP to an asterisk server), I plan on doing the same with the Milestone.
    Don't even go to a telus store to buy it... its not even worth it, you can get it much cheaper for a lower price other where else..
    02-19-10 01:33 AM
    Yeah, but you need to make sure you have a functioning warranty. Otherwise, that's a lot of money to potentially throw down the drain if it fails in the year or so.
    02-19-10 05:35 AM
    Does Telus data work on unlocked phones aka a fido iphone as an example just curious or a Rogers 9700

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-10 05:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD