Today the speaker on my curve just went out, i dont know why. I went into the Verizon store and they agreed it was nothing I did, but the warranty is up and they cant replace it. Is there anything i can do to get a new phone or am i screwed?
    12-18-09 12:34 PM
    Do you have insurance? File a claim and pay the deductible. I think that will fall under what the insurance covers. If not say you lost it.

Or

EBay..craigslist...here on the CB marketplace.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 12:51 PM
    If the warranty is up, that probably means it is past one year of the purchase date, which means you may be able to get a early upgrade.

12-18-09 09:16 PM
    if you are talking about the loudspeaker, you could try doing the replacement yourself as well:

BlackBerry Curve 8300/8310/8320/8330 OEM loudspeaker - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular

that being said, you could also damage the device in the process. So depending on your level of skill it may make more sense to just sell it as-is, or do an early upgrade as the others have mentioned
    12-18-09 10:11 PM
    Yeah, did you try doing a battery pull? When this issue was caused by software pulling the battery corrected it.
    12-19-09 10:35 AM
    Can i sign a new 2-year contract whenever? Or do i have to wait my current contract out
    12-20-09 05:26 PM
    Call and see if they will offer you an early upgrade, or sometimes they will do an out of warranty replacement for $50.

I would call customer service and ask for some options.
    12-20-09 05:37 PM
    Can i sign a new 2-year contract whenever? Or do i have to wait my current contract out
    You have to fulfill at least 20 months of your contract, or if you are a primary of more that 49.99 a month you can upgrade every 12 months.
    12-21-09 05:38 PM
    If the phone's out of warranty, you have nothing to lose by attempting self-repair, and BlackBerry phones are the easiest by far for even a novice to repair. Typically six screws, and almost everything just unsnaps and comes out easily.
    12-21-09 06:04 PM
    Or file a claim thru the insurance of you have it, pay the deductible and get a new one. Easy.

12-21-09 06:13 PM
    But if it can be repaired, you get a phone that has no unknown issues, and you can still file a claim if you fail.

There are a ton of HOW TO TAKE APART X PHONE videos on Youtube. I use them myself. Haven't had a single phone I couldn't fix yet. And now I just cursed myself.

If you can handle Lego blocks, you can handle fixing a BlackBerry with a broken part.
    12-21-09 07:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD