I just bought a BB 8120 abroad. It's brandnew and unlocked. I signed up for the unlimited 19.99 BIS plan. Will I be able to set up the 8120 with just putting in my current T-Mobile SIM card and registering the IMEI and PIN on the T-Mobile web page?

Would T-Mobile than be able to push the service book, APN settings etc to my 8120? Or is there anything else that needs to be done?

I just checked with the provider abroad where I bought the device and they state that the PIN and IMEI is not listed in their system, so I should be able to register it with T-Mobile, right?
    02-13-08 09:31 AM
    If it's unlocked like you said, you should be good to go when you put your T-Mobile SIM card in.

The only issue you may hit, is that T-Mobile may not have all the service books for that device since they don't carry it yet. Users of the 8300 had that problem when it first came out.

Just try it and let us know how it works.
    02-13-08 10:34 AM
    If it's unlocked like you said, you should be good to go when you put your T-Mobile SIM card in.

The only issue you may hit, is that T-Mobile may not have all the service books for that device since they don't carry it yet. Users of the 8300 had that problem when it first came out.

Just try it and let us know how it works.

Thanks. I think one other question is: which APN does T-Mobile use for the Blackberry mail service? I don't mean the regular GPRS APN as in "internet2.voicestream.com" etc. I mean the internal settings for just the email push service. My device obviously is set to blackberry.net

I am pretty sure that I found out already that t-mobile USA uses blackberry.net for their BES service. But how about the BIS service? Is it blackberry.net also or something else?
    02-13-08 11:43 AM
    APN is wap.voicestream.com

Leave the username and password blank.
    02-13-08 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD