Hi.

My wife had a 9700 and it got wet and is now a paper weight. I bought one off ebay. It arrived today. Everytime I try to setup a new account it say the device already has a account. My wife can't remember the "old" bis password to login and change the device that way. I called att and the rep changed the imei number to the "new" 9700. Still having same issue. I sent a email to the seller and asked him to contact att to release the pin. He has yet to respond. Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks
    07-16-10 05:44 PM
    Hi.

My wife had a 9700 and it got wet and is now a paper weight. I bought one off ebay. It arrived today. Everytime I try to setup a new account it say the device already has a account. My wife can't remember the "old" bis password to login and change the device that way. I called att and the rep changed the imei number to the "new" 9700. Still having same issue. I sent a email to the seller and asked him to contact att to release the pin. He has yet to respond. Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks
    I think you're stuck until the PIN is released.
    07-16-10 05:54 PM
    Try contacting RIM...wouldn't hurt to see if they had a solution for you.
    07-16-10 06:27 PM
    Ok, thank you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-10 06:33 PM
    Just an update. I contacted att again and this time was transfered to att's internal blackberry support. The very nice gentlemen fixed the issue for me. I had to give him the old imei # and pin, plus the new imei and pin and he got it working in just a few minutes.

07-16-10 08:37 PM
    if you call att and work your way up to the blackberry tech support dept they can release that pin and you'll be good to go. happened to me too once.
    07-16-10 10:39 PM
    ah i should read all the posts before posting.
    way to go man, glad to see ya got it going quickly.
    07-16-10 10:40 PM
    Just an update. I contacted att again and this time was transfered to att's internal blackberry support. The very nice gentlemen fixed the issue for me. I had to give him the old imei # and pin, plus the new imei and pin and he got it working in just a few minutes.

Nice!!! , glad it's worked out for you...
    07-17-10 12:48 AM
    Yes it was quite a relief, thank you all for helping

Mike
    07-17-10 10:16 AM
    Same here. I (instead of using my upgrade) found a mint condition 9700 on craigslist for $200 (or at least some guy who didn't know what he had) and went immediately and bought it. Sometimes you really have to push on them to pass you straight thru to the BB tech support guys, I think mainly because they do not have very many of them, but as soon as you can get thru, they can usually fix u right up in a jif. Also you will want to store/write down/save somehow the info that he gives you to login to your BB email account settings from online. That could help expedite or keep you from having to go thru them @ all in the future.

(Sorry for the ramble, but I've been sitting in a meeting about something that has nothing to do with me for over 45 minutes and there is no end in sight).

Anyhow... Enjoy the 9700

07-22-10 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD