I have an 8330m that I am bored to death with. My upgrade is not for another year and would like a different phone. What are my options if any?
    06-03-10 01:23 PM
    You could give your 8330 a makeover. Get some new background pictures. There are tons of apps that run well on it; you just can't have them all at once. Take inventory of what you have and can live without. Then find some new ones to replace them. If you don't have QuickLaunch, get that, and use it to set your device up so you can move around better.
    06-03-10 01:34 PM
    Since you're on sprint, they offer a discount @1yr (not as good as your 2 yr though), or if you're a sprint premiere, you get a full discount @ 1yr.
    Your options are this:
    1) Pay full price (or whatever mid-discount you may qualify for) for a new phone.
    2) Add another line with the new phone, and either keep paying for the first line, or paying termination fee (which may be cheaper than full price for the phone, depending on your contract, sometimes paying the old line for a few months, than terminating it will lessen the termination fee).
    3)MAYBE if you go into a store and chat up and be nice to the associate, they may have other discounts, offerings that may be available to you. I have heard of some associates "bumping" the contract to make a sale (this is RARE, and there may have been other circumstances that I wasn't made aware of)

To make some $$ back, if your phone is in good condition, you may be able to sell it, and put that towards the price of the phone. There are other posts here where people were selling their Tours for more than what their upgrade costs were. Worth a shot if it's in great condition. Ya never know who needs a replacement phone and can't afford to upgrade to a "new" one, and just needs a working one.
    06-03-10 02:12 PM
    Buy a 8530 used, you're only going to spend like $150 even without using your upgrade...
    06-03-10 02:14 PM
    besides the apps, you can also change the look of your 8330 by buying custom housings. Also, you may be able to call and talk to a sales rep to see if you can extend your contract and get a new device. If not that you can open up a second line on your account to get another phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 02:16 PM
    The Used idea sounds good to me esp since people have been getting the new Bold check out ebay
    06-03-10 02:17 PM
    Thanks for all the info! I will try sweet talking a rep later, but in the mean time, I just got the quicklaunch and it looks like it will keep me busy for a while! Trying to figure it out!
    06-03-10 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD