Does anyone know if you can buy a manufacture unlocked blackberry from somewhere like Brands Mart and have it activated at Boost Mobile? An will it be able to run on the $60 blackberry plan, not just the $50 regular boost unlimited plan? As would be nice to get the curve 8520! As I am getting tired of the 8330 trackball issues. Thanks Justin

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-10 03:37 PM
    I think an 8520 is a GSM phone. 8330 is CDMA. Pretty sure if you want all the bells and whistles it's got to be a Boost branded bb. You could take the track ball apart. There are step by step instructions in the "Blackberry Tips" and How to section. Just do a search (upper right tab) and select Forums.

09-15-10 08:27 PM
    The 8520 is a GSM device. It will not work on Boost or any other CDMA carrier.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-15-10 10:30 PM
    Thanks, for the replies! An yes know about the track ball cleaning, just seems to be having to be done everyday. An have already ordered new ones and been threw those! Any ways thanks guys, that what I was wanting to know!

09-18-10 10:02 AM
    Thanks, for the replies! An yes know about the track ball cleaning, just seems to be having to be done everyday. An have already ordered new ones and been threw those! Any ways thanks guys, that what I was wanting to know!

It has to be Boost branded phone .
    09-18-10 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD