Anyone have any idea when the Bold or whatever it will be called will come to Verizon?
    02-09-09 12:29 AM
    late spring maybe.....like may-ish is what i have heard, but it is only a rumor
    02-09-09 12:35 AM
    That would be nice because I got one with att and I liked the phone but not the network so I took it back and kept my curve with verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 05:59 AM
    Who cares?
    02-09-09 06:42 AM
    Who cares?

I would say alot of people, hence the post in the first place..Great post!!
    02-09-09 06:53 AM
    Hopefully it will come out by the time I'm do for an upgrade next year.. ..gonna go google it, see if there's any news on it..
    02-11-09 02:18 PM
    saw something on infosync.com about the bold coming to vzw in mid may
    02-11-09 02:40 PM
    I can upgrade at reduced cost in August 09. Hoping, hoping, hoping I get a choice of Bold or 8900 rather than Storm.
    02-11-09 05:45 PM
    I know they require data plans, but any chance that they allow for the Wifi to work as well? Wifi browsing is so much faster imho and you can surf the web oversees without ridiculous data charges.
    02-11-09 05:59 PM
    IF IF IF there's ever a CDMA version of Bold - When its ready

RIM got seriously burned by rushing Storm out the door with inadequate testing which failed to find serious hardware and software issues. My impression suggests about 80% of the initial delivery of Storm was swapped out under warranty for screen defects - that's a lot of expensive scrap. They can't afford that mistake again.
    02-11-09 06:00 PM
    The early word was may, but I doubt it! I agree with the poster who mentioned the Storm debacle.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 06:04 PM
    It seems like Vz is doing a purge of the Curves. Last I heard they were "sold out" online. Still available in retailers stock, though.

My daughter called to see when they would be available online. She was told that they will not be.

Sounds like:

a) Bullsh*t
    or
    b) Sumthin new is on the way soon.
    02-11-09 06:56 PM
    I'm sure the Niagra will be released during the Spring. If not I don't think anything past this summer. Not unless they hit a hardware snag like AT&T did last year. It was supposed to be out in July but there were battery issues and we had to wait until Election day for the release!
    02-11-09 06:58 PM
    IF IF IF there's ever a CDMA version of Bold - When its ready

RIM got seriously burned by rushing Storm out the door with inadequate testing which failed to find serious hardware and software issues. My impression suggests about 80% of the initial delivery of Storm was swapped out under warranty for screen defects - that's a lot of expensive scrap. They can't afford that mistake again.
    I agree
    I totally would love for Rim to take there time with the release
    just make sore it's really ready to go
    02-11-09 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD