I noticed today the 9700 has come down $50. I bought mine last week. Has anyone ever has success with getting a bill credit?
    12-18-09 09:15 AM
    Yes - They won't give you back any physical money, but as mentioned they will give you credit. In my case, I got a bill credit, and $50 in store to use towards accessories and whatnot.
    12-18-09 09:45 AM
    I got mine in Nov 11th and I was in Costco yesterday and they are offering a Bell 9700 for 150 plus a 100 costco gift card and accessory pack including blue tooth, car charger etc. Not happy do you think Telus will give me a kick back on this?
    12-18-09 10:22 AM
    Only if it's within 14 days of purchase, they do this because technically if you are within the 14 days you could return the device and revert the contract, then re-buy the device for the reduced price - they want to save you and them selves the grief, so they'll credit you within the 14 days.
    12-18-09 12:09 PM
    I just got off the phone. Got a 100% credit for my rate plan for 1 month ($50). I am happy
    12-18-09 01:17 PM
    Only if it's within 14 days of purchase, they do this because technically if you are within the 14 days you could return the device and revert the contract, then re-buy the device for the reduced price - they want to save you and them selves the grief, so they'll credit you within the 14 days.
    Just make sure you never buy from a "Telus Connect" store. The return period is 7 days or 20 MINUTES of phone usage!

My contract didn't state this, but they said too bad, that's their policy, when I tried to return it after 10 days. They told me they are an independant dealer with nothing to do with Telus, and they don't care if I've heard of a 30 day return policy. The illegailty of not telling me about the 20 minute return time and not putting it in my contract was completley lost on them. They called up another customer's contract on their computer and showed me how that customer's contract did indeed state the 20 minute policy. Not quite sure how that's relevant to me.

Telus L&R was great about it though, they saw the store was trying to rip me off and agreed to take the phone back directly, I just had to pay the $26 shipping to send it to L&R in Calgary.

Lesson: never but a phone from those sneaky bastards at Telus Connect (unless you think you'll be able to decide whether you like the phone and it functions correctly in 19 mins or less).
    Last edited by DaveInVan; 12-18-09 at 05:05 PM.
    12-18-09 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD