I live right across from the US border (I mean I can see the border) not just close.

Can the Bold 9700 be set for home only? or does the Bell border plan from on the new network HSPA+ not allow this?

I have been told 2 different stories by 2 different people at stores. I'm looking for real world experience before I call Bell service directly and get there opinion.

Anybody get caught laterly and what were they told?

Thanks
    02-07-10 04:21 PM
    pretty much the same situation as you. anyways, go to options > mobile network and see what it says next to network selection mode. if it says automatic, change it to manual and it will scan for available networks and select the bell network. that should help.

also in the same section, where it says data services while roaming, you can choose on, off or prompt. other than that, i have yet to find a home only setting.
    02-07-10 06:08 PM
    Do those options work with the Bold 9700 on the HSPA+ network? or is that a general approach?

I'm asking since I do not have a 9700. I want to find out a few potential issues before I pull the trigger.

Thanks for the reply.
    02-07-10 07:16 PM
    Those options work for any BlackBerry. Using those options your phone will simply stay connected to Bell and not connect to anything else like ATT or T-Mobile.
    02-07-10 10:41 PM
    ^ what they said.

The home only setting might just be a cdma thing, but I don't know for fact because this is my first hspa phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-10 02:40 AM
    Thanks.

The one location offered me a loader phone to check out signal strength and roaming issues. I will use the info and see what I get. The location indicated that other people had a problem with $500 roaming bills so I was somewhat concerned....

Thanks again and I hope to try it out before the end of the week.
    02-08-10 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD