Just a tidbit that I'm sure alot know but maybe worth mentioning.

With Tmo... if you take a blocked number call and it is another TMO caller or a MY FAV... You can not get the benefit of it being a free call because TMO does not recognize it as a MY FAV or TMO to TMO number.

I have been with them for years and never knew this until a few months ago when i was checking my bill CLOSELY call by call. I then called customer service to confirm this and they told me that YES this was so.

I'm going to feel like such a DORK when You all post with ....

DUHHHHH.. no joke
    09-10-09 05:43 PM
    ya good info SA..thanks for posting it.....might clear up future TMOBILE SUCKS BECAUSE.......threads...lmao
    09-10-09 05:52 PM
    Wow, I didn't know that! Good to know SA!

Over a year back, I was dating a guy who had a private home #. I added him on myfaves because we talked a lot.
    However, AFAIK, his calls to me were still listed as myfaves calls. I could see his # on my bill even when I couldn't see on caller id.
    I guess it works differently for different phones!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 09:44 PM
    hmm i get private calls from other tmo users and on my bill it says unknown/private and in the code it says mobile to mobile. this was this month's bill.
    09-10-09 10:35 PM
    thats impossible ....it says clearly in tmo tos....blocked users will prevent m2m registration......
    09-11-09 07:54 AM
    hmm i get private calls from other tmo users and on my bill it says unknown/private and in the code it says mobile to mobile. this was this month's bill.

I just know on MY blackberry and bill thats how it works .

BUT now that i am thinking about it.... the person I talk with that is a MY FAVS is also TMO so maybe it has something to do with TMO only numbers as Larry pointed out in his TMO quote.

I just know it says BLOCKED and then i get charges.Customer service told me blocked means that TMO can't recognize the number and therefore can't recognize to give the discount

**** Yeah I know TMO and Myfavs is dorky for the same person but it's a relative that I call everyday and it's easier to MY FAV them and just click on the pix. I had an Open My Fav left anyways
    09-11-09 09:06 AM
    LOL.. wanted to add it's so EASY to check my usage and what I'm billed now since i have WIFI. I only use about 100 minutes a month now instead of 1500.....so i'm sure about the charges.
    09-11-09 09:09 AM
    ya its mainly a TMO thing SA........if they cant identify the number then they cant verify its a tmo acct and so you get hammered....I cant speak to other carriers
    09-11-09 10:33 AM
    I never knew that and I have a friend back home who is a blocked number on Tmobile that I talk to all the time. Gonna have to check it out. Thanks OP
    09-11-09 12:08 PM
    And to show my supporting evidence or in this case a myfave#:
    01-15-10 07:16 PM
    Just a tidbit that I'm sure alot know but maybe worth mentioning.

With Tmo... if you take a blocked number call and it is another TMO caller or a MY FAV... You can not get the benefit of it being a free call because TMO does not recognize it as a MY FAV or TMO to TMO number.

I have been with them for years and never knew this until a few months ago when i was checking my bill CLOSELY call by call. I then called customer service to confirm this and they told me that YES this was so.

I'm going to feel like such a DORK when You all post with ....

DUHHHHH.. no joke
    Well DUHHHHHH.

Just kidding.

This is good info, because a lot of people don't think about it.

Also, to those who receive calls without caller ID, "Private number" and "Blocked number" are different than "Unavailable". Unavailable numbers often get recognized by the network still, just don't show caller ID on the handset, for whatever reason.

I question whether or not the rep was correct about the M2M. The network should be able to match up which phone is calling which when it owns both numbers. Not 100% sure about that though
    01-15-10 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD