Is BlackBerry Unlimited International E-mail BIS? How do I get BIS? Can I browse the web with this?
    12-13-08 04:59 PM
    If it's only the BB email plan, no you can't browse the net. Call Tmobile, they can set you up.
    12-13-08 05:04 PM
    Ok, Thanks.
    12-13-08 05:07 PM
    Do I just set my settings to t-zones then browse from there? I'm on wifi now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 05:33 PM
    No. If you are using wifi, you use the hotspot browser. If you want a BB data plan, you need to call Tmobile and get it.
    12-13-08 05:38 PM
    I did get it and I want to know how to use it. I just called TMO like 5 minutes ago.

12-13-08 05:41 PM
    Is BlackBerry Unlimited International E-mail BIS? How do I get BIS? Can I browse the web with this?
    I have this option and I get unlimited data and email service abroad.
    12-14-08 11:17 AM
    I got it and its working. Thanks for the help. I remeber seeing an apps list on this website can anyone give me a link? I can't seem to find it.

12-14-08 02:21 PM
    I have this option and I get unlimited data and email service abroad.
    Hi,
    Are you sure? I have the BES/BIS. I called today and asked about international travel. The guy said for $20 per month i only get e-mail. He said it's $15 per MB abroad.

Does that e-mail also include attachements? Does BB messenger work?

I called before and the lady told me that I get unlimited data for $20 also abroad.
    12-16-08 07:04 PM
    Hi,
    Are you sure? I have the BES/BIS. I called today and asked about international travel. The guy said for $20 per month i only get e-mail. He said it's $15 per MB abroad.

Does that e-mail also include attachements? Does BB messenger work?

I called before and the lady told me that I get unlimited data for $20 also abroad.

I certainly don't want you to end up with a huge bill because of anything on my part, but I can tell you without a doubt that I have browsed the web and sent PINs/BB IMs all over the world without any data roaming charges.

I've attached some screen shots of my plan and my bill so you can see what I mean.
    12-16-08 08:33 PM
    Cool, yeah that's what the first lady told me. I don't get it.
    I'm on the corporate BES plan for $30 per month.
    When I'm traveling I will ad the $20 option for data.
    When I can I will use UMA, so then I can make calls to the US for free.

I certainly don't want you to end up with a huge bill because of anything on my part, but I can tell you without a doubt that I have browsed the web and sent PINs/BB IMs all over the world without any data roaming charges.

I've attached some screen shots of my plan and my bill so you can see what I mean.
    12-16-08 08:40 PM
    I've been thinking of adding this. I think I'll wait til my next trip abroad though as I'm based in the states and I saw that pins don't count against me as I'm already on the unlimited bis plan. Thanks for the help guys.

12-17-08 10:38 AM

yes i was told that 19.99 was for email only by the reps also. i have seen a few others who posted that they use web/email/pins etc freely and have yet to pay extra for these under the plan . yet another post i found on howard forums was saying that tmo may charge for web if they want to but dont for some reason. i have found that the reps are sometimes confused by some of their own plans and will tell you things that are not true many times.

i still dont know. i hope we get to the bottom of this....
    12-21-08 07:15 AM
    yes i was told that 19.99 was for email only by the reps also. i have seen a few others who posted that they use web/email/pins etc freely and have yet to pay extra for these under the plan . yet another post i found on howard forums was saying that tmo may charge for web if they want to but dont for some reason. i have found that the reps are sometimes confused by some of their own plans and will tell you things that are not true many times.

i still dont know. i hope we get to the bottom of this....
    Reps aren't often the best sources of accurate info, in my experience. I had an AT&T rep tell me that PINs and IMs aren't covered in their standard blackberry data plan. And yet all the AT&T users on here said that they certainly are. Most of the people who post on these boards know far more about these devices than most anyone you'll speak to in a store or at customer service.

If it makes you feel better, scan through your contract or service plan and try to find a part where they detail a per KB charge of international roaming data. My guess is that you won't find it. My plan hasn't changed in nearly 18 months Europe, Hong Kong, China, Japan, etc, never resulted in any roaming charges (except for voice and SMSs, of course). I even teathered my laptop to my 8320 in Spain and Germany. No charges for that.
    12-21-08 01:39 PM
    When I can I will use UMA, so then I can make calls to the US for free.
    Have you tried making UMA calls from another country to the US? Was it actually free (assuming you had the $10/mo add-on for Hotspot@Home)?
    12-22-08 05:11 PM
    I also have the "unlimited international e-mail" plan as an add-on to my (domestic) email+data plan, and I've been able to use data services (Google, attachments, BBM, etc.) with no problem, for free, internationally.
    12-22-08 05:12 PM
    The plan also advertises only having BIS (Personal Email access). If you have the Domestic BES plan, and add the International Option, there is no technical reason, even if you are "billed", as to why BES wouldn't work right?
    03-28-09 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD