i know the difference between the 2 add-ons but im curious to what works with the unlimited email add-on. my brothers both want to get pearl flips when it comes out but probably wont browse the web much or at all. if someone could list what works under the email only add-on (BBM, maps, etc) and what would work while on wifi with the email only add-on. thanks!
    09-22-08 10:10 PM
    Email only is just that: email only. Wifi, however, will allow other data features to function. IMHO, an unlimited data is a must with any blackberry device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-08 10:12 PM
    Unlimited email will get you just that... email. Nothing that uses data, including BBM, Maps, IM clients(although some are said to use texts, I'm not sure how good they are though), will not work with that plan.
    09-22-08 11:36 PM
    I've heard that BBM will run OK once you have the e-mail only, but I can't confirm that. I also heard that all IM apps EXCEPT BBM use SMS.

The nice thing about T*Mobile is that they will let you change your contract at any time. Try the e-mail and see what works, and add the internet if they need the other apps.
    09-23-08 08:54 AM
    [QUOTE=JustPlainJef;750316]I've heard that BBM will run OK once you have the e-mail only, but I can't confirm that. I also heard that all IM apps EXCEPT BBM use SMS.

IM's on the curve count as data.......

GO CUBS GO!!
    09-23-08 09:28 AM
    Could be. I know my step-daughter uses a TON of AIM and she has no data, but she has a pearl. I don't know if my wife or daughter are talking with her, but they both have Curves and neither have data. I'll test it out tonight.

Would it work over the wifi? I'll prolly just turn it off, just in case.

If the Curve is all data (which I'm not putting any doubt in you), my step-daughter will not be going back to a BB once her Pearl breaks, as I'm not paying for the data for her to chat, and she won't pay for it either...
    09-23-08 10:33 AM
    Spoke with a TMO rep last night to confirm about the unlimited email only that I have on my wifes line and they stated you can use BBM and PIN msging as part of your email only data plan without any additional charges. As long as its a PIN or email feature your fine. I've monitored this for 2 months now and no additional charges. As far as individual IM programs they said it ran off of txt msging which didn't work after I had tried it out numerous times... Go figure
    09-24-08 06:46 AM
    TMO store guy told me IMing was text as well. I have also read here (although I have not seen a definitive answer) that you can still use data without a plan, but it is charge against your minutes or as an extra.
    09-24-08 08:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD