10-03-13 11:31 AM
    Very interesting. I posted this earlier elsewhere:

Could they be boycotting because TELUS, with a market cap five times the size of BlackBerry (and even larger on an enterprise value basis), is preparing a bid?

Very unlikely but it is a very complimentary fit for an innovative company like TELUS as it continues to expand beyond land lines, cellular, TV and internet. TELUS recently become Canada's largest electronic medical record provider through TELUS Health (where security of information is paramount), has a position in security solutions ("Whether your priority is handling targeted threats with real-time context, securing your mobile enterprise or removing your security management challenge, TELUS Security Solutions can help you gain visibility, understanding and control."), and has a Mobile Application Management product in partnership with an external vendor... amongst other things that align with BlackBerry's strengths. An acquisition of BlackBerry would strengthen existing segments for TELUS, reduce existing costs, and open new opportunities. Furthermore, TELUS this year made an acquisition (Mobilicity) valued at over $1,500 per customer. Multiply that by 50+ million and BlackBerry looks like it would not only be a great fit for TELUS but at a great price.

Purely speculation on my part, of course.
    10-03-13 11:39 AM
    Boooo on Rogers. My first BlackBerry (950) was with them. So glad I dumped them back in 2000!

Sent from my iPuh-lease-as-IF
    10-03-13 01:04 PM
    Rogers will not offer Z30. This is news from Globe and Mail. Boycott this crappy company that cannot support another Canadian company.
    10-03-13 01:25 PM
    Even more surprising due to all the advertising BlackBerry does with the jays, raptors and leads which I believe Rogers holds ownership in

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 01:29 PM
    Shame on you, Rogers! Ted rolls in his grave!

Sent from my iPuh-lease-as-IF
    10-03-13 01:30 PM
    I've been looking at the specs and it looks like the Bell or Telus Z30 will work fine on Rogers. We'll see more/better when we see what variant they get.

I'm extremely disappointed at Rogers, the least they could have done was take pre-orders and then mailed then out or drop then off at the store we want, then they wouldn't have to worry about stock. It just doesn't make business sense,

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1761
    10-03-13 03:08 PM
    The Z30 will work just fine on Telus or Bell. Just go through the unlock process, dump Rogers and your good to go. Rogers deserves to take a hit on this one. RIP Ted!

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 01:24 PM