I just bought an unlocked blackberry and I dont want the service. I didnt activate anything i just put my sim card in. The only thing is i have a pin #.. i called tmobile they said i havent been charged for anything but ive only had it for two days and doesnt the fact that I have a pin # mean its activited..? Even my phone says blackberry internet not connected. and when i open bbm it just says how would u like ur name to appear? But i just cancel. I had someone send me a request to add pin and i got no notification so maybe that means i have a pin but the phone isnt activated. The person who had the sim card in before me had the service maybe the phone was previously activated but not the service is off so it kept the pin?
    11-27-09 11:58 PM
    The pin will always be on the phone. Every pin is tied to the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-09 01:47 AM
    yea PINs are hard written into the phone. once you have a BB data plan, the PIN will be associated to your account and you will be able to use BBM. no BB data plan, no web browser, no BBM no push email.
    11-28-09 04:53 AM
    TM does not care if you use their service with a BB for your phone service and messaging, if available.

If you want BB pushed email and BB unlimited internet then you will have to subscribe to a TM BB plan, about $30/mo.

The PIN is the "identification number" of your specific instrument (much like a birth certificate). When you order BB service on TM you will go to my-TM website, go to BB email setup, and enter the PIN and IMEI#'s. This will ID the phone for the BB servers.

If you have a BB that has WIFI then, by turning off the network you can get limited WIFI ... but not BB service unless you subscribe
    11-28-09 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD