I just checked out Sprint.com and i just noticed that the curve went down to 99.99 after rebates. I just ordered on last week and it was $149.99 after all rebates and all. Could this be a sign of the bold coming?????

Its went down cheaper than the Pearl...
    09-01-08 11:46 PM
    No, Sprint won't be getting the Bold anytime soon.

Another BB yes, but still, even not soon.
    09-01-08 11:48 PM
    Please don't triple post your questions all over the forums. Bad manners.
    09-01-08 11:49 PM
    Please don't triple post your questions all over the forums. Bad manners.
    Im sorry, im sorta new to forums...
    09-01-08 11:51 PM
    what new BB could they be getting? My girlfriend and I are going to be upgrading our phones early october and were set on getting curves, however if a new BB is coming I would be interested in getting that one.
    09-02-08 02:24 AM
    The price drops are most likely just to lure in new customers, since they've lost so many recently.
    09-02-08 02:56 AM
    Nothing more then to keep in lock step with VZW/ATT/TMO whos curves are all 99$. Even though Sprint Curves offer more features, they're all Curves, so pricing has to remain the same.
    09-02-08 02:13 PM
    I just checked out Sprint.com and i just noticed that the curve went down to 99.99 after rebates.
    The price drop is the normal reduction for the Back to School sale. Prices are lowered to entice people to buy for their kids going off to school.
    09-02-08 02:20 PM
    I can't wait for the BlackBerry Bold.
    09-02-08 04:26 PM
    I don't care if Sprint gets the Bold but really hoping we get the Javelin. I just got my first BB last month so I don't mind waiting a year to upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-08 04:30 PM
    i got my curve about 8 days ago for $149.00 from sprint. i extended my contract to get it since i wasnt under contract with them since 2006. now i see it for $99...im gonna call and get a price adjustment. you think this is possible?
    09-02-08 04:57 PM
    Why every time a carrier lowers their prices, somebody screams "could it be for the BOLD?
    No where has it been said that Sprint is getting it.
    09-02-08 05:19 PM
    i got my curve about 8 days ago for $149.00 from sprint. i extended my contract to get it since i wasnt under contract with them since 2006. now i see it for $99...im gonna call and get a price adjustment. you think this is possible?
    You're not going to know until you call them yourself. No one here can concretely answer that question. And if they can, they're just speculating anyway.

Let us know what Sprint tells you when you call!
    09-02-08 05:22 PM
    Why every time a carrier lowers their prices, somebody screams "could it be for the BOLD?
    No where has it been said that Sprint is getting it.
    i agree. im in love with my curve. for now im not interested in it. i rather get a final OS 4.5 update on my phone. i emailed sprint e-care about the price adjustment.
    09-02-08 05:22 PM
    All cell phones drop in price the longer they've been out. Sprint has offered the curve for a while now, so this stands to reason. That being said, this is most certainly NOT a sign of the bold coming to sprint. We don't even have a release date from att yet, let aone a cdma carrier! As the hype dies down on new devices, the prices also drop. This is simple business practice...

09-02-08 05:26 PM
    i agree. im in love with my curve. for now im not interested in it. i rather get a final OS 4.5 update on my phone. i emailed sprint e-care about the price adjustment.
    My personal thought regarding price adjustments, since its money we're talking about, is its best to call them and speak to someone in account services. eCare is ok for quick fixes and not always will you get what you want from them.

You're first response from them will be for you to reply back with your account number. They ask for that even if you've already included in the email the first time. Also, eCare is not obligated to reply right away. I think its something like within 12 hours.

The last time I dealt with eCare was getting a phone I had for 6 months replaced on Sprints dime for a brand new completely different model. 10 emails later I had my new phone.
    09-02-08 05:29 PM
    All cell phones drop in price the longer they've been out. Sprint has offered the curve for a while now, so this stands to reason. That being said, this is most certainly NOT a sign of the bold coming to sprint. We don't even have a release date from att yet, let aone a cdma carrier! As the hype dies down on new devices, the prices also drop. This is simple business practice...

Sometimes I wonder if a BB is the first cell phone some people have ever owned in their life or ever heard of. As J said, this isnt anything new. I wish more people would do their homework or at least have a clue what they're talking about.
    09-02-08 05:39 PM
    It's possible, but the 2 regular CSRs wouldn't do it for me. You have to ask for retentions, aka cancellations department. He or she will ask if the refund is what it'll take for you to keep the phone and stay with Sprint. You say yes, and they'll refund you the difference.
    09-02-08 06:48 PM
    It's possible, but the 2 regular CSRs wouldn't do it for me. You have to ask for retentions, aka cancellations department. He or she will ask if the refund is what it'll take for you to keep the phone and stay with Sprint. You say yes, and they'll refund you the difference.
    This is not 100% true. What worked for YOU doesnt mean its the standard or the rule.
    09-02-08 06:49 PM
    called 2 cr's and 2 retentions...i got a no. im under a corporate account. so i have all the discounts... i get 30%
    09-02-08 07:30 PM
    Update at 9:45 I got an email back from sprint and guess what??? I got it!!!!! I checked my current balance due on sep 9 and noticed a credit for $50. Awesome. So 2 CR's and 2 retentions said no....and email I sent 2 hrs ago responded with yes sorry for the inconvenience and we have updated ur account accordingly. We appreciate ur business as a corporate account holder etc etc. In the end I'm happy I got my adjustment. So to those out there don't give up.....call and email
    09-02-08 08:56 PM
    called 2 cr's and 2 retentions...i got a no. im under a corporate account. so i have all the discounts... i get 30%
    If you're on a corporate account and the rep wouldn't credit you the $50 for a price drop a month after you bought the phone, ask for a supervisor. This goes for anyone who is on a Sprint corporate account.
    09-03-08 10:10 AM
    I really hope Sprint gets the javelin.
    09-03-08 12:53 PM
    The price dropped 2 weeks after I bought my curve and they gave me the adjustment just by sending an email to e-care

09-03-08 08:21 PM
    I really hope Sprint gets the javelin.
    Agreed. I would MUCH rather see the Javelin show up than the Bold.
    09-03-08 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD