I am on a blackberry plan (9700) with vodafone UK with 1000 minutes unlimited texts, unlimited landline and unlimited internet (Blackberry services).

I have pre-ordered an iphone 4 and I was wondering will I be able to use my sim after I cut it on my iphone 4 with everything working like the internet as I don't like my 9700 anymore?
    06-16-10 02:34 PM
    You most likely need a different data plan but the pricing is probably similar, HOWEVER, the iphone does not use data as efficiently as the BB, and you WILL use more data, so keep that in mind and you MAY wish to opt for more data minutes.

EDIT: Moving thread to the Vodafone Forum
    06-16-10 02:56 PM
    Thanks for the answer and moving it to the correct section, I am really in need to find out.

thanks.
    06-16-10 03:02 PM
    it should work ok as I am also planning on doing the same thing as you already have an unlimited data tariff

maybe Vodafone can put you on another data tariff and give you free wifi or euro data which you can use abroad instead of BIS

the problem for me is that I cannot change my tariff as I signed up to one of those cashback deals so cannot change my tariff so I am technically paying for BIS but wont be using it so hoping just swapping the sim will work.

also you will need to get Vodafone to delete your 9700 pin from the BIS if you are planning to sell it so that someone else can register the pin etc

if you hear anything else about this let me know
    06-17-10 06:04 AM
    youre gonna want to move to a iPhone plan...

Your blackberry plan will only have 500MB of data (despite it being advertised as unlimited when you took it out). If you go over the 500MB you will (after 3 consecutive months) be charged �5 for each additional 500MB.

The iphone plans will no doubt come with 1GB as per the current iphone plans.
    06-17-10 10:31 AM
    thanks for the info

I am currently averaging 150mb of data use per month will keep an eye on it
    06-18-10 04:21 AM
    you'll use a lot more with a jesus phone.
    06-19-10 11:51 AM
    cool hopefully I wont need more that 1gb per month as can use wifi when I am at home
    07-11-10 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD