I think there is a BlackBerry outage again. Or it could just be my device, but I doubt it. Ever since yesterday morning I couldn't use the web or send/receive emails on my phone. I used WiFi as a supplement.

I called Verizon Technical Support today and the guy walked me through all the troubleshooting steps, still no go. When i asked him if there was an outage in my area or something, he said he couldn't access the database that has that information. It was conveniently down for maintenance today since today is Sunday.

Is anyone else having an issue on their BlackBerry?
    02-21-10 12:08 PM
    mine works just fine
    02-21-10 12:12 PM
    No problems here (northern California)

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-21-10 12:14 PM
    I'm also on Vzw in North Jersey, no issues here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-10 12:16 PM
    I wonder what the issue could be. I might switch my device out for a diff one. Only thing is, I have bought a couple of apps, QuickLaunch, and BerryJoose, how do I get them to a new device?
    02-21-10 12:18 PM
    Same issue here in New York- RIM apparently has some sort of problem with 5.0 devices since yesterday and is working on it. Verizon verified it with RIM and said yes, there is an outage.
    02-21-10 12:18 PM
    nothing in quebec on Telus
    02-21-10 12:20 PM
    Same issue here in New York- RIM apparently has some sort of problem with 5.0 devices since yesterday and is working on it. Verizon verified it with RIM and said yes, there is an outage.

Right, but I think a lot of us are on 5.0 now. So that would indicate an issue with a lot of devices then. So far, no has mentioned anything. And when I called the Verizon Retail Store near me, the people there never had any call ins and their BBs were working ok.
    02-21-10 12:37 PM
    My girlfriend and I - I'm on the Storm 2, and she's on the Storm 1 - have had problems off and on since yesterday afternoon...no BBM, EMail, Google Maps or BB Maps (I'd get "not connected to data" error messages). We are in Lynchburg, VA. Right now, it seems to be working after being down some this morning...wonder how long it will stay up this time.
    02-21-10 12:45 PM
    I called Verizon itself and got the Blackberry techs- took them a few minutes but they verified there is a Data outage- they mentioned NY and East Coast which would fit with Virginia, below. I still don't have Data service over the 3G network- only when connected through WIFI.
    02-21-10 12:57 PM
    That's the only way I can connect is via WiFi. It's a pain in the ***! I'm surprised no one else in Missouri is having problems, My wife's 8320 is unaffected as she doesn't have a data plan attached to it.
    02-21-10 01:07 PM
    There appears to be a network issue, but only for some customers.

I'm in Los Angeles, using AT&T, and get no data connection over the 3G network. But I DO get data over wifi.

I have two Bold 9000s, and I'm getting the same issue with BOTH.

AT&T customer service passed me to a RIM rep in India who tried various things to help for 30 minutes (most of which I had already tried myself).

RIM customer service is swamped with callers. Waited on hold for 30 minutes for a senior technical rep, but none became available.

Finally got the RIM rep to admit there is a system-wide issue. She said it would probably resolve itself "later today".

We'll see...
    02-21-10 01:08 PM
    Apparently it isnt pinned down to a certain area.
    Last edited by infiniteillusions; 02-21-10 at 01:18 PM.
    02-21-10 01:14 PM
    Working in Northern Illinois
    02-21-10 01:35 PM
    I just got off the phone with support since my net/email/bbm is down. There's a reported outage in my area today. He said hopefully it will get resolved by tonight but its been out since yesterday morning.
    02-21-10 04:45 PM
    With my call to RIM they were able to get me up and running. It took about 45 minutes on the phone with them but things are good now. The only way till now to get the issues resolved is the call to RIM. It's a RIM issue and not a carrier issue, people across all carriers are having the same issues.
    02-21-10 04:51 PM
    My internet is down and the Wifi on my AT&T 8900 seems to work but the wifi symbol is grey. Called At&T since Saturday night, seems like they been down all weekend. Certain apps like Facebook BeWeather wont log in, but iheart radio & NYTimes reader is running, probably of the Wifi
    02-21-10 05:03 PM
    With my call to RIM they were able to get me up and running. It took about 45 minutes on the phone with them but things are good now. The only way till now to get the issues resolved is the call to RIM. It's a RIM issue and not a carrier issue, people across all carriers are having the same issues.

RIM got me up and running as well. Everything is working. Had to wait on hold for 45 minutes though. It was worth it to me.
    02-21-10 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD