been down for 3 hours in NC. Signal shows good, but can't do anything at all except make phone calls, no data service at all
    Same Symptoms in New Mexico
    12-22-09 08:18 PM
    Based out of Florida with my wife working this week in Central America.

A little frustrating to not have BBM available. Gosh, I guess I just have to make a phone call! Time for patience.
    12-22-09 08:19 PM
    Still cant connect to internet in Austin, Texas. I used up all my patience when we were down for almost 24 hours last week. Wish I wasnt bound to a contract.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-09 08:23 PM
    Still cant connect to internet in Austin, Texas. I used up all my patience when we were down for almost 24 hours last week. Wish I wasnt bound to a contract.

Interesting, since this is affecting all carriers. Unless you are thinking of another device?
    12-22-09 08:30 PM
    Still no change other then I can get my email. But earlier today had started getting emails from 3 months ago as well, thankfully that has stopped. So like most waiting for this to get fixed and fast.
    12-22-09 08:45 PM
    even with wi fi opera is not working.
    12-22-09 08:45 PM
    Interesting, since this is affecting all carriers. Unless you are thinking of another device?
    thinking its a pain lately to be a blackberry user at the same time angry with verizon for making bing the only search provider. They are taking google and other options out because of the contract/money from bing. and they boosted up the cost for early contract termination. So nothing but bad news for the last couple weeks for this blackberry/verizon user. you now need to download google search app or bookmark unless you like using bing. (just frustrated and venting)

12-22-09 08:56 PM
    Yeah well... Droid does..

12-22-09 09:35 PM
    I am too having problem accessing the internet with my phone, no FB and UT.
    12-22-09 09:38 PM
    I'm down too. Harrisburg, PA.
    12-22-09 09:49 PM
    I lost my browser and my service books for it. My opera works though. No email, browser gone, bbm no good.

Southern Indiana here.
    12-22-09 09:50 PM
    Web browser came back for me, but mail and BBM still down.
    12-22-09 10:08 PM
    Research In Motion Ltd. said late Tuesday its technicians are working to resolve e-mail messaging delays on its Blackberry smart phones in North and South America.

Phone calling and texting services appeared to be functional, but users in the Americas have been unable to send or receive e-mail messages. Would-be users tweeted their frustration on social networking site Twitter. Some said they also could not connect to the Internet.

Waterloo, Ontario-based Research in Motion Ltd. said in a statement it apologizes for any inconvenience experienced by customers.

It marks the second time in less than a week that BlackBerry users in North America have had to deal with e-mail outages on their Blackberry devices. Research In Motion said last Thursday that technicians had isolated and resolved the issue and were investigating the cause. RIM didn't say how many users were affected or how long that outage lasted.

12-22-09 10:34 PM
    Still having issues in AZ...Browser ICON not even on my Storm at the moment.
    12-22-09 10:43 PM
    No data working on my phone in NM. And my BBM is missing.....
    12-22-09 11:45 PM
    Still having issues in AZ...Browser ICON not even on my Storm at the moment.

I'm in AZ too and haven't had any type of connection for the past 4 hours. Browser, Facebook and Ubertwitter aren't working.

Phone call came through about an hour ago.
    12-22-09 11:50 PM
    Our BES is useless at the moment. We're busted down to texting to communicate. Have two users, one of them my boss, hanging in limbo waiting to activate. Thought it was an isolated problem at first, then saw it was more widespread. Should have checked CB sooner, could have saved myself some time and a few server reboots.

We are in the SF Bay Area, have been without email service since about 2PM to 4PM this afternoon, PST. We saw a flicker of activity around 9PM but service is still out.
    Last edited by TheScionicMan; 12-23-09 at 01:23 AM.
    12-23-09 12:28 AM
    Since about 10PM, the signal has stopped fluctuating like it did all afternoon/evening. It has stayed on 1XEV and seems to have constant activity, although we're still not seeing email or data. All this activity is killing the batt.

I hope they're getting closer...
    12-23-09 01:04 AM
    Lost all but calling yesterday after my post in Ga. Working this am. Looks like I started getting email & FB notifications @ 330amEST. I hope RIM figures these probs out, very frustrating to have the berry be so unreliable lately!

12-23-09 05:38 AM
    Everything appears to be back with AT&T as of 5AM CST this morning with I turned my phone on.
    12-23-09 06:21 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD