So someone w/ customer service at at&t just told me my phone has not been working because of the changing weather conditions and snow. I couldn't stop laughing like were they being serious. I was calling them from my verizon cell phone lol and the weather definitely was not effecting that. So the lady was like I don't think anything is wrong with your phone I did a soft reset it should be good maybe just let the weather pass and call back if you have a problem. Oh and it's not even snowing or anything outside either so even if I were to believe her logic thats not the case

30 mins after I talked to her my berry cut off 4 times. This started 4 days ago it won't keep a charge longer than 30-45 mins and it's not the battery or charger because I have an extra battery and charger and switched it. There's no damage to the phone. On top of cutting off and not staying charged there is this loud buzzing in the phone that I can hear and so can the person on the other end. I haven't loaded in new apps in months so it's not from that. I ended up calling back and talking to someone else who told me it sounds like a defect and that they would send me a new phone in 2 business days.
    12-18-08 11:56 PM
    Upgrade to the official AT&T 4.5 OS. 4.5.0.110

It may or may not correct the issue.
    12-19-08 06:13 PM
    P.S. You did receive a dumb rep btw. Lol. Changing weather? Lol.

Anyone else have this issue that has AT&T within your locale?
    12-19-08 06:14 PM
    No issue. That is ridiculous. Apparently snow is now a force field against radio waves!
    12-19-08 09:23 PM
    Iknorite?! It's not like it can get through buildings or anything!
    12-19-08 09:26 PM
    Upgrade to the official AT&T 4.5 OS. 4.5.0.110

It may or may not correct the issue.
    yeah i was using the official now so it's not that. Should I just put 4.2 back on when I send it back or leave 4.5 on since it is official or not do that because they could say I messed things up by loading 4.5.
    12-20-08 10:57 AM
    P.S. You did receive a dumb rep btw. Lol. Changing weather? Lol.

Anyone else have this issue that has AT&T within your locale?
    Nobody else has this issue. All of my friends have At&t two of them have blackberries and theirs are just fine. I'm visiting my parents in CT so thats when the rep was telling me it could be the snow and stuff there and that the weather is different then North Carolina where my account is from and it could be affecting my phone signal lol
    12-20-08 11:00 AM
    welcome to AT&T haha
    12-20-08 11:04 AM
    Well, I'm stuck in ****....errrr.....Cleveland and buried in snow. My Bold seems to work just fine going back and forth from Houston to here.
    12-22-08 12:07 PM
    I'm in cleveland also from NC, my bold works fine but my friend from NC is visiting also and his curve isn't receiving emails.
    12-22-08 03:25 PM
    switch to verizon......lol
    12-22-08 03:43 PM
    I live in the heart of lake effect snow country and we've had snow storms every day for almost a week now. No effect on my AT&T service. I wonder whether that rep was reading a "book of stupid random responses?"
    12-22-08 04:42 PM
    That is one of the most stupid things i have ever heard, that CS rep should be taken out back and beaten....
    12-22-08 05:02 PM
    My bb has gotten me thru 2 hurricanes this year. Days without electicity and only my berry to keep me occupied. Somehow I don't think the snow would be as much of an issue, but I am not on att.
    Just my 2cents.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 06:07 PM
    Like to see what they tell you if your in a sunny location.
    12-22-08 09:21 PM
    Like to see what they tell you if your in a sunny location.
    "All the UV rays are affecting your signal, sorry."
    12-23-08 07:23 AM
    switch to verizon......lol
    i have verizon lol I have two phones.
    12-23-08 11:14 AM
    My bb has gotten me thru 2 hurricanes this year. Days without electicity and only my berry to keep me occupied. Somehow I don't think the snow would be as much of an issue, but I am not on att.
    Just my 2cents.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    the CS was crazy. My grandma has at&t as well and she was able to contact me all through hurricane Ike to let me know she was safe so I'm pretty sure weather does not play a part.
    12-23-08 11:18 AM
    the CS was crazy. My grandma has at&t as well and she was able to contact me all through hurricane Ike to let me know she was safe so I'm pretty sure weather does not play a part.
    I have had AT&T for 6 years, the entire time living in Minnesota. If the logic of the original CS rep you spoke with were correct, I wouldn't get service most months out of the year. Obviously its never been a problem.
    It appears the device needs to be replaced, and it sounds like you've spoken with the warranty dept, hopefully that fixes it. Before I replaced the device, I would have tried a new SIM card. They're free from corporate AT&T stores, and if it doesn't work, then I'd replace the device.
    12-24-08 01:10 AM
    yeah i was using the official now so it's not that. Should I just put 4.2 back on when I send it back or leave 4.5 on since it is official or not do that because they could say I messed things up by loading 4.5.
    As long as it is the .110 from AT&T you should be fine.
    12-25-08 12:09 AM
    ok you should NEVER install a version of ther hh software earlier than that already on device. that will most likely cause it to be inoperable contact your provider before its to late.
    they will most likely walk u through a handheld reload and then if that doesnt correct it and rim doesnt have any suggestions you will get a warranty replacement
    01-01-09 12:45 PM
    It is a standard excuse most companies use now. I was waiting for a delivery from DHL. They said it is loaded on the truck to be delivered today. When it did not arrive I called first thing the next morning. They actually told me it was a weather related issue. The driver could not deliver due to weather. It is Florida in the winter.....65 degrees. Do they really think we are that stupid?
    01-01-09 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD