Does anybody know if and when US Cellular might be getting the Blackberry code named "Niagara". It's a CDMA version of the Blackberry Bold.

-Bennett
    01-08-09 11:56 AM
    Have not heard anything about any new bb to uscc... We will probley get something new in a year or two

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 02:00 PM
    I have my hopes up that we will get at least one of the new models by the end of this year. The only little tiny rumor I have heard is something about a cdma version of the pearl flip.. which I hope isn't true. I would love an 8900 or bold for CDMA.
    01-09-09 03:10 PM
    Word on the street is pretty much all cdma carriers that sell blackberry will eventually get the niagara. Sprint gets it the 1st quarter of 2009, Verizon May 2009, Altell was mentioned but no dates given.

I really hope they don't get the flip.
    01-09-09 03:46 PM
    i think uscc will bring out some new Berry's in the first quarter reason being is data is growing fast and voice service is not. uscc has realize if they want to stay in business that they have to get on with the data. they are rolling out EVDO just as fast as they can get the equipment installed and running.
    01-10-09 09:21 AM
    Does anybody know if and when US Cellular might be getting the Blackberry code named "Niagara". It's a CDMA version of the Blackberry Bold.

-Bennett
    My guess is never. My cousins husband is some bigwig for U.S Cell and he was wasted the other night and goin on about how Verizon and Sprint made offers to buy out the U.S. Cellular network. It doesn't surprise me- only about 15 people on earth have U.S cellular.

01-10-09 12:25 PM
    W33dluva. u are complety wrong. us cellular is the 5 largest in the usa. verizon already own's part of us cellular I pretty sure its a good chunk to last time I read something about it... And I'm betting before the end of the year we will have a new bb...

01-10-09 01:29 PM
    My guess is never. My cousins husband is some bigwig for U.S Cell and he was wasted the other night and goin on about how Verizon and Sprint made offers to buy out the U.S. Cellular network. It doesn't surprise me- only about 15 people on earth have U.S cellular.

Interesting... However if verizon did buy out us cellular that wouldn't be that bad of a deal. Their whole network is evdo rev a and plus they have the storm.
    01-10-09 10:41 PM
    It's not going to happen. I don't think w33dluva knows what he or she is talking about. Sprint will have nothing to do with uscc. For instence all carriers are going to go to lte (4g), but sprint is going to something else. where verizon and att and uscc have all announced that they are going to the lte, and the reason for uscc going to lte is beacuse verizon is. they follow them and the reason is roming the share towers, that would be a reason why uscc has great coverage all the time. And they also let verizon try stuff out and see if it works. then uscc will follow cuz they don't have the money that verizon has to play with. and verizon already owns a good part of uscc... Correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

01-11-09 12:15 AM
    Sprint is going wimax instead of lte

01-11-09 12:31 AM
    Verizon does not own part of US Cellular they just have roaming partnerships.
    01-11-09 09:55 AM
    Your right I read what I was looking at wrong sorry for the wrong info on that part

01-11-09 11:13 AM
    W33dluva. u are complety wrong. us cellular is the 5 largest in the usa. verizon already own's part of us cellular I pretty sure its a good chunk to last time I read something about it... And I'm betting before the end of the year we will have a new bb...

verizon doesn't own any of uscc.uscc is 80% own by the Carlson family so that makes uscc all most a private company and verizon can't buy uscc with out the Carlson's agreeing to sell.
    01-11-09 01:59 PM
    Thanks for the info I was reading somewhere about 80% and thought it was verizon, for some reason lol well thanks again for clearing that up I always like to learn something new.

01-11-09 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD