BlackBerry needs to do whatever it takes to get updates on AT&T phones an phones in the stores.

I don't know what the problem is but if BlackBerry is to survive, they must be a present in the US market. Even if they have to subsidize it.

Posted via CB10
    JORENO likes this.
    03-01-14 05:22 PM
    Like go to head office with guns drawn..... BB cannot force att to do anything. BB does not have the financial footing of say Apple and they are at the mercy of the carrier. I do agree though, BB really needs to do something to expedite update delivery.

Sent from my ME173X using CB Forums mobile app
    JORENO and JesseBabe23 like this.
    03-01-14 05:55 PM
    How many BlackBerry users use AT&T?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 06:25 PM
    How many BlackBerry users use AT&T?

Posted via CB10
    There are quite a few on these boards. I left AT&T to get my 30. I'm fine doing my own updates.

From my new FAB Z30...
    03-01-14 07:14 PM
    Probably my last BB after 10 years. Tired of AT&T bull****.
    03-01-14 07:23 PM
    There are quite a few on these boards. I left AT&T to get my 30. I'm fine doing my own updates.

From my new FAB Z30...
    I'm also fine doing my own updates and learned long ago to not wait on AT&T
    03-01-14 07:37 PM
    I'm also fine doing my own updates and learned long ago to not wait on AT&T
    Won't be waiting on Verizon either! But they had the phone...

From my new FAB Z30...
    03-01-14 07:39 PM
    Let me briefly share my experience at the ATT store here in the US today. First, there was not A SINGLE BlackBerry device on display and even the ATT sales reps had no clue about BlackBerry 10, the release of the Z3 or the upcoming Q20. These devices might as well be placed in the museums next to the dinasaur bones if you ask me as far as what ATT is pushing.

Let me share my favorite piece. I was telling the ATT rep about some of the games I've downloaded and how clean and crisp the graphics are....hetold me he loved brick-breaker. BRICK-BREAKER? OMG...these people are clueless! Chen needs to walk into some of these stores himself and lay the law down.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 07:40 PM
    Finally did sachesi w Rogers for update. Try it. Very easy

Posted via CB10
    saxxman and WhutChaDoin like this.
    03-01-14 07:40 PM
    By the way, for the guy above asking about how many ATT users are on BlackBerry, I'm not sure...however there are approximately 72 million BlackBerry users globally according to Wikipedia.

Posted via CB10
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    03-01-14 07:44 PM
    I'm seriously considering leaving att and going to Verizon. Att has turned into a not so pleasant experience these days.
    03-01-14 07:49 PM
    Won't be waiting on Verizon either! But they had the phone...

From my new FAB Z30...
    Yeah I also did want the Z30 but I'm not switching carriers to do it. I'll just wait for the Galaxy S5 to come out as it's a much better phone anyway.

Posted Via AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    03-01-14 08:11 PM
    Yeah I'm debating on getting the s5 when it comes out and dropping bb after 8 years. I'll also have to decide if I want to stay with att or move to Verizon.
    03-02-14 06:30 AM
    Bought a new, unlocked Z30 on eBay and it is doing great on AT&T. 10.2.1 update was successful via Link. Agree that it is a waist of time and effort to be critical of the service providers. If they have stopped stocking BlackBerry it is due to lack of demand, period.

Posted via CB 10 on Z30
    03-02-14 07:08 AM
    My family is all BlackBerry and AT&T. We have stayed for years for best reception in our area. Also good on the phone customer service. Gave up on the stores years ago.

Been loading leaks since the first BB phone 6 years ago. Now using an unlocked Z30 on the latest OS and happy as a clam. AT&T can do what they wish so long as self install OS is around and third party sellers have the phones. We as a family have no need for more than data and talk service from the corporate fools.

Via CB10. Bits, C000C6078 for links to science and technology posts and world news.
    Jamie Wooten likes this.
    03-02-14 07:14 AM
    Yeah I'm debating on getting the s5 when it comes out and dropping bb after 8 years. I'll also have to decide if I want to stay with att or move to Verizon.
    I am also a long time BlackBerry user and love their products but it's getting harder and the to buy the devices you want with your carrier. I was going to buy the Z30 but the device is 5 months old and isn't worth buying at this point. I will be keeping my Z10 as a backup device but my S5 will be my daily driver going forward.

Posted Via AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    03-02-14 08:41 AM
    Did the same thing a few months back. In total frustration with my Z10's inability to block selected phone numbers I opted in favor of the newly introduced Moto X. Solved the blocking problem but found found the platform not as user friendly for my needs and so I switched back to this Z30. Found out how to at least block calls from anyone not in my directory and have the best phone I have ever owned now.

Posted via CB 10 on Z30
    03-02-14 11:57 AM
    Quick question, why doesn't blackberry do it's own updates like Samsung?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 12:03 PM
    The corporate AT&T store near me has the z 10 on display near the entrance.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 01:24 PM
    The corporate att stores are one of the things I try to avoid. I'm happy with the coverage so I may wait it out and see how it all goes.
    03-02-14 06:58 PM
    Concur. AT&T IS the evil empire. Got sick of waiting for them to release 10.2 and went w/ Sachesi instead. BEST decision.

One question: What legal repercussions would BlackBerry face if they provided updates directly to the user (aka us)?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 07:15 PM
    I left BlackBerry today because of ATT. I want to come back to my Q10, but I went to Iphone.....

I love my Q10 and my BlackBerry. I've used a 9700, the 9900, and the Q10. Now my primary phone is Iphone. Why? Because ATT could not figure out why many IOS messages were not getting to my Q10. I was assured that everything was provisioned correctly multiple times, I reloaded my software to its original settings, and I even received a new phone. When I started the new phone up guess what, still not getting many of the messages. When I went to Iphone, everything worked great, Internet, messages, etc...The only problem is that it's an IPHONE! If somebody could help me I would love to come back to the community. I'm typing this from my Q10! Step up ATT and give me the assurance you are with blackberry for the long run. I would be inspired if somebody from ATT saw this and reached out to make rthis right!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 08:09 PM
    PIN: 2B71271B

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 08:19 PM
    I left BlackBerry today because of ATT. I want to come back to my Q10, but I went to Iphone.....

I love my Q10 and my BlackBerry. I've used a 9700, the 9900, and the Q10. Now my primary phone is Iphone. Why? Because ATT could not figure out why many IOS messages were not getting to my Q10. I was assured that everything was provisioned correctly multiple times, I reloaded my software to its original settings, and I even received a new phone. When I started the new phone up guess what, still not getting many of the messages. When I went to Iphone, everything worked great, Internet, messages, etc...The only problem is that it's an IPHONE! If somebody could help me I would love to come back to the community. I'm typing this from my Q10! Step up ATT and give me the assurance you are with blackberry for the long run. I would be inspired if somebody from ATT saw this and reached out to make rthis right!!!

Posted via CB10
    Call Apple support, get them to remove your phone number from their servers. Takes 10 mins. Reboot device and all works well.

Had same issues when I went from iPhone to Q10 for work.
    app_Developer and JesseBabe23 like this.
    03-02-14 08:38 PM
    Air your concerns on AT&T twitter page. That can hear you in here!

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 07:55 AM
27 12