Many of us with Curves have been using the T-Mobile Zen theme. TMo has done an exceptional job with this theme and it is only available to TMo customers. The big advantage of the TMo Zen theme is that your five most popular icons are displayed along the bottom of your screen. Again, nice job by TMo.

Unfortunately for power users, 5 icons on your start screen can be somewhat limiting. Last night I decided to try to do some research on other theme options and I came across something I wanted to pass along to other TMo'ers here on CrackBerry.

RIM has a theme called the "L" theme. TMo does not include this on their Curves in favor of their Zen theme. Again, TMo's Zen theme is excellent but it would be nice to have more options.

The RIM "L" theme gives you most of what you expect in the TMo Zen theme with the added feature of TEN icons rather than five on your start screen.

A display follows:

You can download this theme at an excellent site I just found called Blue Room Solutions. The URL to the download area for the "L" theme is ... L Theme 83xx/88xx[REQ] - BlueRoomSolution

You also may want to look around at the Blue Room Solutions site. It seems to be a pretty neat place to visit.

I'd be curious as to if any of you other TMo'ers like this theme. I've loaded it to my Curve and am using it now.

Hope this is of interest to some of you.
    07-15-08 01:18 PM
    This theme is pretty cool... still rocking my TMo Zen though

The L theme comes with OS 4.5, so I did not need to DL it seperately (I actually removed it to save memory).

P.S. : Other carriers can use the "exclusive" TMo Zen by unlocking the vendor themes in the .alx file

*EDIT* : And I know you already know this WF... just making a general statement for others!!
    07-15-08 01:20 PM
    The L theme comes with OS 4.5, so I did not need to DL it seperately
    Zen is cool. Just offering ideas on other options for others.

Any updates for us on getting the voicemail icon issue addressed with your 4.5 or any insights into when TMo might offer us all a sanctioned upgrade?

You're the forum's resident expert on 4.5 so you gotta keep us in the loop. LOL.

Opps, one more question. Read in another thread that 4.5 is a memory pig. What kind of open memory are you running now after you've installed 4.5 and do you have the Docs to Go app running?
    07-15-08 01:45 PM
    Yeah, WF... the latest Beta release 4.5.0.52 for the 8320 is great!! I have detailed my experience a number of times, but I do not mind adressign your questions

I would highly recommend taking the plunge on .52, as it is nearing the quality of official release!! The VM icon was fixed, the memory is better, the reception is better (I think even better than 4.2.2.180...) for EDGE, UMA is working fine... all of the other 4.5 upgrades are still in tact and working great!!

I am running with about 29 - 29.5Mb file free! No memory pig here

I am currently not running Docs2Go, so I cannot tell you much about my experience with that... but I have heard there are no issues!!

(And I love the Zen... by the way!! I wish I could get my hands on a file for the TMo Zen theme that I could mod with Plazmic... but I cannot find a way to do it! )
    07-15-08 01:52 PM
    woa.....that is a lot of icons to be on a screen at once. i would rather just hit the menu button to get to the rest of mine, personally! blue room solution was the first theme sites i found! i like a lot of stuff on there, they have good artists!
    07-15-08 02:25 PM
    Strange...my 8120 had the L theme on it...OS 4.3. I switched to L theme since day 1 and am loving it!
    07-15-08 02:34 PM
    Strange...my 8120 had the L theme on it...OS 4.3. I switched to L theme since day 1 and am loving it!
    The 8120 comes loaded with OS 4.3... which also has the "L" theme loaded as a default option...
    07-15-08 02:36 PM
    I would highly recommend taking the plunge on .52, as it is nearing the quality of official release!! The VM icon was fixed, the memory is better
    Whooaa!

The VM icon is fixed!?!

Well if that is the case, I guess I oughta take the plunge.

Not really a fan of using unsanctioned OS on cell phones but you've given this a thumbs up recommendation and I trust your opinions on this.

Where do I go to get the OS upgrade? (don't tell me it's that site in Serbia or Brazil or wherever it was). LOL.

Thanks.
    07-15-08 06:45 PM
    i have the voicemail icon am runnung .52
    07-15-08 10:25 PM
    Whooaa!

The VM icon is fixed!?!

Well if that is the case, I guess I oughta take the plunge.

Not really a fan of using unsanctioned OS on cell phones but you've given this a thumbs up recommendation and I trust your opinions on this.

Where do I go to get the OS upgrade? (don't tell me it's that site in Serbia or Brazil or wherever it was). LOL.

Thanks.
    PM sent...
    07-15-08 10:32 PM
    Been using the L theme since my 8130 and now on my 8320 I think it is the best overall theme if you have like the RIGHT amount of apps you use.
    07-16-08 08:56 AM
    I still prefer the cleaner look of tmo zen...
    07-18-08 10:45 PM
    I still prefer the cleaner look of tmo zen...
    Kev, you might want to download it and try it out. I've been using it for a week now and I'm really liking it.

No big deal downloading it and activating it as a theme. Just takes a few seconds. If you find you really prefer the Zen, switching back is just a few clicks.
    07-21-08 03:11 AM
    I love the L theme. It has all my daily apps on the home screen. Including my Google talk, my two emails, WLS, and more...
    07-29-08 02:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD