About 2 months ago I bought an 8800 under the 3 year contract and was wondering if it would be possible to share the same plan with an iPhone 3G (I'm currently under the 6gb plan). Is it as simple as just swapping the SIM card from one phone to the other? And since I already signed for 3 years, I'm assuming I'll have to pay full price for the 3G, correct? Thanks, and sorry if these are stupid questions...
    08-06-08 12:58 AM
    yeah, a friend of mine took his sim card out of his blackberry(which has the 6gb plan) and popped it into an iphone 3g and the data worked fine.

what do u mean pay full price for 3g?
    08-06-08 03:00 AM
    what do u mean pay full price for 3g?
    My bad, meant for the actual iPhone itself, since I'm already under a 3 year contract will they still offer it for $199? Thanks for fast reply btw.
    Last edited by Fightclub; 08-06-08 at 04:21 AM.
    08-06-08 04:07 AM
    usualy you will have to wait a years to be legit to get a hardware update to get their discount otherwise it s full price... you need to call them for that

and welcome to cb
    08-06-08 08:39 AM
    usualy you will have to wait a years to be legit to get a hardware update to get their discount otherwise it s full price... you need to call them for that

and welcome to cb
    Thanks for the info/welcome.

Does anyone know if voice would work as well? Or just data?
    08-06-08 11:21 PM
    OK, so the BB Data plan will work with the iPhone.. but the iPhone Data plan does not have the correct APN Access to use BB Msgner etc..
    BTW you are able to do an upgrade every 12-18 months, cant remember which...
    08-06-08 11:23 PM
    Thanks for the info/welcome.

Does anyone know if voice would work as well? Or just data?
    Voice is the same regardless of the plan... you can use the iPhone Voice + Data plan in your RAZR if you wanted to, the data might now work, but the voice will...
    08-06-08 11:25 PM
    Voice is the same regardless of the plan... you can use the iPhone Voice + Data plan in your RAZR if you wanted to, the data might now work, but the voice will...
    Ok perfect, appreciate all the info!
    08-06-08 11:33 PM
    very welcome sir..
    08-06-08 11:38 PM
    OK, so the BB Data plan will work with the iPhone.. but the iPhone Data plan does not have the correct APN Access to use BB Msgner etc..
    BTW you are able to do an upgrade every 12-18 months, cant remember which...
    Except the guy is going to have the BB data plan because that is the phone he had first...
    08-08-08 01:02 AM
    Except the guy is going to have the BB data plan because that is the phone he had first...
    Keep the BB Data plan! It has all the access' the iPhone/Treo/Jack plans do and the BB access too!!!!!
    08-09-08 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD