I had attempted to download the latest BB Messenger from the AppWorld, but it failed and ever since then I haven't been able to access any internet sites from the standard browser. I was previously running .419, but figured I'd upgrade to .428 to see if that fixed my issue, but it did not.

The weird thing is that I can access any site from the BOLT browser, but can't access any sites through the standard BB browser. Slacker & GMail app also fail, and no mail seems to be coming through. BOLT seems to be the only app that is functioning appropriately. The sites aren't cached, as I'm able to get to sites I've never visited before without issue.

Ideas?
    12-22-09 08:56 PM
    I would say something like that apps that use the native browser or BIS connection won't work, but when you think about it, why does bolt and opera? That's what confuses me
    12-22-09 09:05 PM
    Im having the same prob. Im only getting 1xev not 1XEV. I believe that means im not connected to the BB network nor 3G. Its been like that for a few hrs. for me.
    12-22-09 09:07 PM
    If the app uses regular data thru VZW like 3rd party software it will work, if it requires RIM servers it wont.
    12-22-09 09:08 PM
    Bolt and Opera have the option for a socket connection. BB Browser doesn't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-09 09:25 PM
    I'm having the same problem for the past few hours, I'm on Verizon in NJ.
    12-22-09 09:34 PM
    Ditto. Think verizon is down right now.
    12-22-09 09:37 PM
    same here. verizon in NY.
    12-22-09 09:38 PM
    Yeah, try telling that to JRSCivic who basically accused me of being an a**hat for saying Verizon has a problem right now. Glad I found this thread. Verizon has a 3G problem in TX too.
    12-22-09 11:23 PM
    lol, it's not a Verizon issue man. All the people in here are on Verizon because they have Storms... of course you're going to think it's just Verizon.

I promiss you, it's ALL carriers.
    12-22-09 11:28 PM
    lol, it's not a Verizon issue man. All the people in here are on Verizon because they have Storms... of course you're going to think it's just Verizon.

Yes, it's a RIM issue, not a Verizon issue.
    12-22-09 11:36 PM
    Yeah, try telling that to JRSCivic who basically accused me of being an a**hat for saying Verizon has a problem right now. Glad I found this thread. Verizon has a 3G problem in TX too.
    you are if you think its a VZW only issue! lol
    12-22-09 11:43 PM

Civic is right, I am with t-mobile, it seems like I am not receiving any emails since 8:45 Central time.
    12-22-09 11:52 PM
    Oh fer cryin out loud. Been pulling hair on this one. So now I have two choke points of failure?!
    12-23-09 01:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD