At least that is what the T-Mobile rep just told me.......

Wow

Came in with my g/f to checkout the BlackBerry $200 deal. I made sure that I told her not to mention that I am a diehard Bb user who owns a Q10. I also wanted to confirm what I have been reading on the forums.

First off, not a BlackBerry in sight on display. Asked about the deal and she started talking about the 'other' brands. I then asked about the BlackBerry 10 phones and she basically told me that the company is going to stop making phones soon. I kept my game face and asked her for confirmation and she decided to ask her manager. That is when she mentioned the direct ship program.

This is what we are dealing with in the US as BlackBerry customers.

Imagine the lost revenue from uninformed mobile users.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 06:27 PM
    There is a place for BlackBerry devices.
    They are the Bentleys of the mobile sphere.
    They are expensive, and staggeringly sweet to operate and own.
    It may become a niche market, but there will always be a market.
    93Aero, Jrox74, ventz and 16 others like this.
    03-05-14 06:35 PM
    Maybe we should just do one thread for the I walked into a store and the rep said BlackBerry was bad or going out of business bit. It could be pinned. I'm not ripping on you OP but it's getting a little ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 06:35 PM
    Same thing happened when I went to Verizon. The first question I was asked when I said I wanted to get a Z30 was "Why do you want a Blackberry? Don't you know they are going to go under very shortly?". I said I want the phone and I like the company and didn't even entertain looking at another product. I bet this type of behavior by US carriers has caused a significant number of people who would have purchased a BB10 phone to instead purchase an apple or android product.

I honestly don't see how Blackberry can compete in the US when there are idiots working at these stores who will dissuade potential buyers.
    03-05-14 07:54 PM
    Try being told "BlackBerrys are obsolete" when trying to take advantage of the $200 trade in offer.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 08:09 PM
    It happens in Canada as well. Target, Best Buy and Future Shops are saying the same thing when I come up to discuss new phones. I get iPhone and Samsung shoved down my throat.

One guy in a Walmart said they are only selling Q5's because no one likes the Q10 and Z10. Then asked if I'd consider an iPhone.

I've also gone into a Bell store and it was like pulling teeth when I kept asking about BlackBerry products. The only store I had no issues with was my local Telus retailer who everyone at the shop says they listen to what the customer wants first before making a recommendation.

Posted via CB10
    damien kupuku, Anilu7 and acovey like this.
    03-05-14 08:15 PM
    Why be ticked at carriers about this?

It is BlackBerry themselves who've firstly done ZERO marketing and are now telling the world they don't give a rat's *** about any consumer outside of Indonesia wanting a handset anyway.

There is nobody to blame but BlackBerry themselves!

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    03-05-14 08:42 PM
    I see. So now T-Mobile armchair experts have become global minus Indonesia carrier relations armchair experts.
    Omnitech, Mecca EL and Blacklatino like this.
    03-05-14 09:10 PM
    Maybe we should just do one thread for the I walked into a store and the rep said BlackBerry was bad or going out of business bit. It could be pinned. I'm not ripping on you OP but it's getting a little ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    +1...I would also like another thread about how people are only getting 10 hours from their z10

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    03-05-14 09:21 PM
    It happens in Canada as well. Target, Best Buy and Future Shops are saying the same thing when I come up to discuss new phones. I get iPhone and Samsung shoved down my throat.

One guy in a Walmart said they are only selling Q5's because no one likes the Q10 and Z10. Then asked if I'd consider an iPhone.

I've also gone into a Bell store and it was like pulling teeth when I kept asking about BlackBerry products. The only store I had no issues with was my local Telus retailer who everyone at the shop says they listen to what the customer wants first before making a recommendation.

Posted via CB10
    My two closest Walmarts did not carry Q5, but had the other BB10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    Paisley Pirate likes this.
    03-05-14 09:24 PM
    Part of the problem is that most carriers in the US have had to commit to Apple a very large minimum number of iPhone sales. So all these carriers will do anything to sucker BlackBerry customers to buy iPhone instead through the FUD factor.

They typically don't bash android phones because Google has been very successful, but I'm sure they'd always prefer to sell an iPhone to cover their committed minimums (plus the fact that carriers don't take on the cost of support for iPhones).

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 09:35 PM
    I see. So now T-Mobile armchair experts have become global minus Indonesia carrier relations armchair experts.
    I happen to spend far more time actually IN Asia and Europe than my armchair. Just so happens I'm in Asia now and on my way to Europe... so yes... I am a bit of an expert having first hand experience with BlackBerry marketing methods across at least 3 different continents.

I won't apologize for that.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    03-05-14 09:36 PM
    Says the armchair expert.
    03-05-14 09:44 PM
    Now THAT's good funny!

Thanks

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    03-05-14 09:49 PM
    And what does that make you?
    03-05-14 10:34 PM
    There is nobody to blame but BlackBerry themselves!

Who is to blame when you are ignorant?

Who is to blame when you do not have the knowledge necessary to do professional work?

Who is to blame when you are a liar?

Who is to blame when you choose to willfully mislead and manipulate people?

Are you seriously trying to tell us that those things are all SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT?

03-06-14 12:27 AM

That's a pretty unfair claim, since raino has a reputation for very carefully researching the things he makes statements about here.
    03-06-14 12:31 AM
    Same thing in the west of Canada. I went into london Drugs who actually usually have some decently knowleagable people selling in the stores. i asked to look at a Q10 they asked me why the heck would you want one? in a very demeaning manor and quickly tried to switch me over to samsung. i was persistent though and eventually they showed me the phone. i just dont understand someone being so blatantly mislead. i hear it from people at work who also have some old bolds that blackberry is going under. The status of the company and what is actually happening versus what people are being told is two totally different things. Someone needs to go on an around the nation tour and just get people back to reality. Blackberry already knows its going to be a battle but i dont think they really realize how much of a battle it really is. Thank goodness for the crackberry addicts or blackberry would definitely have no chance of turning the ship around.
    03-06-14 12:32 AM
    That's a pretty unfair claim, since raino has a reputation for very carefully researching the things he makes statements about here.
    And so do others. You may not like the conclusions. You don't have to.

But you've done NOTHING to refute the facts presented... instead you've simply resorted to a childish personal attack.

Wow.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    kevinnugent likes this.
    03-06-14 12:39 AM
    And so do others. You may not like the conclusions. You don't have to.

But you've done NOTHING to refute the facts presented... instead you've simply resorted to a childish personal attack.

Wow.

Kettle, the Pot is calling!

So someone gets called an "armchair expert" for no apparent reason and when I say that's unfair name-calling you accuse ME of a "childish personal attack"?

What I know is that certain retail salespeople are lying to customers. That's the important part, and the subject of this thread. It's irrefutable.

The rest is a bunch of hot air from the usual suspects.

Now, please answer my original question in response to your dismissal of culpability and responsibility for lying to customers on the part of the retailers or carriers:

Who is to blame when you do not have the knowledge necessary to do professional work?

Are you seriously trying to tell us that those things are all SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT?
    03-06-14 03:02 AM
    Kettle, the Pot is calling!

So someone gets called an "armchair expert" for no apparent reason and when I say that's unfair name-calling you accuse ME of a "childish personal attack"?

:
    So you're now admitting that calling someone an "armchair expert" is "unfair name calling"?

Stop... take a breath... and really think about your answer before you fire back a response.

Now... go back and re-read this thread... and you will see that it was Mr. Raino (the very person you're trying to defend) who first started the name calling by calling me the "armchair expert" simply because he disagreed with my opinion.

Pay attention before ripping someone...
    03-06-14 04:21 AM
    So you're now admitting that calling someone an "armchair expert" is "unfair name calling"?

No need to "admit" anything. I already stated my reasoning. No one else who used that term did.

Now please answer the questions I asked you after your first post, instead of all this topic derailing you're doing (And I will conveniently post the points you made that I responded to, in case you somehow forgot you made them):

Why be ticked at carriers about this? [...] There is nobody to blame but BlackBerry themselves!

spiculated likes this.
    03-06-14 04:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    I agre it is getting ridiculous, its one thing not to support, but to openly spread inaccurate information that is damaging is just wrong. "I like this better and so do most of our customers" accomplishes the same thing for the most part, but at least it would be true.
    acovey likes this.
    03-06-14 07:14 AM

So, instead of counter punching other people's theories on why this "lying" is becoming common place, why don't you espouse you theory?
    (engage conspiracy theory tin hat).
    03-06-14 07:26 AM
    I agre it is getting ridiculous, its one thing not to support, but to openly spread inaccurate information that is damaging is just wrong.
    They are getting paid to say that. I have worked sales before, and I recognize a "spiff" when I see one. Marketing is not just done on television - it happens in the trenches as well.
    Paisley Pirate likes this.
    03-06-14 07:38 AM
96 123 ...