Hello everyone, I just recently switched over to a Blackberry 9700 coming from an Android G1. This is my first Blackberry and I've heard many great things. My main concern is that I am currently using my G1 data plan with the Bold, which both EDGE and 3G works fine.

My main concern is what features exactly am I missing out by not moving over to the Blackberry data plan? The reason being is that I currently pay $24.99 for total internet, and would like to avoid switching to the $30.00 plan if I don't need the features. I've researched the past few days and couldn't find a definite answer because most users have the Blackberry data plan.

As far as I know, the Blackberry data plan really only offers Blackberry branded e-mail and full browser functionality? The things I would like to accomplish with the Blackberry is instant push for GMail, GoogleSync, Google Calendar, and instant messengers. As of right now, OS instant messenger applications show up as "data service unavailable," and Crackberry App Store is a shoot or a miss. If anyone could help me out that would be great. Thank you.
    02-11-10 08:14 PM
    Without a BB plan, you're missing out on instant push email, BBM, some apps won't work, etc.

It sounds like you're on an older plan (Not EM or EM+) so I'd call up T-Mo and tell them you'd like to use a BB can if they can switch you over to 24.99 BB data. Should work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-10 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD