I currently have a Blackberry Bold with voice and the Enterprise data plan to get my work emails.

I'm due for an upgrade and am looking at switching to an iPhone, but I was told by my company's IT department that I won't be able to get my work email on the enterprise server through the iPhone.

What I'm wondering is if it's possible to take my current number to an iPhone, and keep my current Blackberry with an Enterprise data only plan with no voice plan just to receive work emails on.

I spoke to an AT&T representative at a local store and was first told it can't be done, then was told I'd have to add a whole new number, which I don't really want to do due to costs since I won't use any of the voice plan on the Blackberry.

Any advice? Thanks!
    12-30-09 05:59 PM
    Even tho u aren't going to use any minutes, the line needs a number, even if it's data only. Just like an air-card doesn't use voice but still has a phone number attached. The cost for data only is $50 for enterprise bb data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by rdiddy_25; 12-31-09 at 05:25 PM.
    12-30-09 09:00 PM
    But do I have to get a voice plan on the BB? Thanks for the reply.
    12-30-09 09:37 PM
    But do I have to get a voice plan on the BB? Thanks for the reply.
    NO, u can use it for data only. The cost will be $50, enterprise data is usually $45 b/c AT&T gives u a $5 discount for having both voice and data

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-09 05:25 PM
    Here is what you do is, go get your iphone (which has enterprise capabilities so i dunno why your IT dept told you that) but go activate a new line using COAM (Customer owned and Maintained Equipment) this will run $50.00/month and a onetime $26.00 activation fee (this will not require a contract)
    01-05-10 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD