Today while doing a job at a local new At&t location I was able to see and try out the new PRIV and I must say it's a very nice phone and truly struck my interest. That said what upset me being a proud and happy user of a Passport I mention to the representative that I don�t see it on display so I am wondering where it is. They had the PRIV and Classic but no Passport which was exclusive to them when launched. They told me the Passport was removed to make space for the PRIV, this is a big store with a lot of space displaying Samsung and Apple products everywhere and they couldn't spare another spot for Blackberry Devices that is so sad. The guy tells me that I am the 1st person he has seen using a Passport and I'm thinking now even more people won't know it exists. The more I think about it the more I get upset.

Posted Via My Great Passport
    11-11-15 08:11 PM
    Had the same experience at AT&T here. Classic, Priv, but no Passport. And the salesman look at my Passport as if it was something strange. Very unfortunate.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 09:25 AM
    Displays are prime real estate, typically reserved for high-movers. If a Passport was a high mover it would be there. Remember, they are catering to the 99%, not the 1%.
    11-12-15 09:29 AM
    AT&T is in the business of making dollars, not making sense.
    bbnrs likes this.
    11-12-15 02:52 PM
    Displays are prime real estate, typically reserved for high-movers. If a Passport was a high mover it would be there. Remember, they are catering to the 99%, not the 1%.
    How can a phone turn into a "high mover" without a display?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 11:47 AM
    How can a phone turn into a "high mover" without a display?

Posted via CB10
    Reputation, advertisements, branding, carrier commitments. Don't get me wrong, I'm a BB old faithful, but I recognize that most carriers try to push the largest amount of phones, not necessarily the best ones. Also if they have high inventories of a certain brand, they'll push that rather than devices that attract the 1%. Its sad, but its a testament to Blackberry's demise. They'll move 100 android devices for every Passport they sell...so why bother to educate their staff to push the passport?
    11-13-15 11:56 AM
    There are good points here but this is a new store that has yet to open for business and starting out not supporting a phone exclusive to them. I have been so many places around town and people see my Passport and wonder what phone it is, I had someone recently ask where it can be purchased. Unless I missed it they removed all information about the phone even being offered.

Posted Via my Great Z30
    11-13-15 06:29 PM
    There are good points here but this is a new store that has yet to open for business and starting out not supporting a phone exclusive to them. I have been so many places around town and people see my Passport and wonder what phone it is, I had someone recently ask where it can be purchased. Unless I missed it they removed all information about the phone even being offered.

Posted Via my Great Z30
    If the Passport had good display, with good sales reps support from day one, it would have sold well in my opinion. It never got a fair shoot, same problem as the Z10, Z30, etc...Most of the people I meet, who use IPhone or Android phone are impressed by the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 07:30 PM
    Don't take it personally, but at the end of the day a store is there to make money. The manager made the decision that they could, more than likely, sell more privs because it is a android phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 08:05 AM