Hey all, I'm looking to get a used Windows Mobile phone (HTC 8125) and I was wondering if my TMO BB data plan would work with the WinMo phone, and if so how would I get it working? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 08:38 PM
    Hey all, I'm looking to get a used Windows Mobile phone (HTC 8125) and I was wondering if my TMO BB data plan would work with the WinMo phone, and if so how would I get it working? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You would have to call Customer Service to change your plan if there is anything specific to that phone that would not work with your BB data plan, and if so, would TMo charge you to change to a different data plan.
    11-21-09 09:21 PM
    Your BB plan will work on a WM device without issue. No changes required.
    11-21-09 10:54 PM
    Your BB plan will work on a WM device without issue. No changes required.
    Oh cool. Thanks Norris, I didn't know for sure.
    11-21-09 11:08 PM
    It might work, but you might have limited features.
    11-22-09 06:48 PM
    It's best to call and tell them your changing phones so that you will have everything working on your phone the way you want. They do audit their lines from time to time and will discover a change. Probably best to be upfront.
    11-22-09 06:53 PM
    No features will be limited. WM phones rely on an access point only. The same access point BBs use. You can switch your package to the Smartphone one, but it is ultimately unnecessary
    11-22-09 07:07 PM
    norris is right......and ami needs to quit putting out bad info...this is like the 4th post ive run across where shes just spouting bad info ....geesh
    11-23-09 03:02 PM
    I'm not completely switching over, i just decided to mess around with a WinMo phone, so i'll probably use it the majority of the time, but still have my BB for when i'm doing something like updating the WinMo phone or something, thanks for all the help though, i figured it would work i just wanted to make 100% sure before i bought the phone.
    11-24-09 12:59 AM
    You can do it without any problem. There is an app for some WinMo devices called Blackberry Connect that will let you get your BB mail service on the device. Go over to xda-developers and search for it if you want to try it out.

I can't speak for T-Mobile, but AT&T didn't care. The cost of the smartphone plan was cheaper so they made a couple of extra dollars.
    11-24-09 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD