I heard a rumor that Verizon Wireless was going to cut the price of the blackberry data plan...Has anyone heard any truth to this?
    01-30-10 09:02 PM
    Haven't heard anything at all concerning this. Probably justt a rumor though. More likely they would raise prices

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 09:11 PM
    If I were to get my blackberry tour unlocked would it allow me to connect it to Verizon without forcing the data plan on me
    01-30-10 09:51 PM
    Not true. Blackberry on VZW requires data plan.

01-30-10 10:11 PM
    Highly unlikely as data usage has steadily grown. But, again, any thing is possible.
    01-31-10 12:51 AM
    Verizon and a few other carriers are and have dropped calling plans on unlimited plans by 30 dollars or so a month. That is all I have seen or heard.

01-31-10 05:00 AM
    It would be nice, or offer a family data pack that is a little cheaper than paying for data on all 5 lines, seeing how most all of the phones that are not the cheap crappy phones require data.
    01-31-10 06:06 AM
    If I were to get my blackberry tour unlocked would it allow me to connect it to Verizon without forcing the data plan on me
    Getting it unlocked only applies to the GSM radio which verizon doesn't use in the US. That just allows you to be able to use it on tmobile or at&t and prepaid sim cards overseas.
    01-31-10 09:06 AM
    It would be nice, or offer a family data pack that is a little cheaper than paying for data on all 5 lines, seeing how most all of the phones that are not the cheap crappy phones require data.
    I agree with you there. As a matter a fact they have of us keeping track of the complaints from customers who are upset about the mandatory data on certain phones...hmm wonder what that means...
    01-31-10 09:46 AM
    Big Red being Big Red!
    01-31-10 10:08 AM
    Getting it unlocked only applies to the GSM radio which verizon doesn't use in the US. That just allows you to be able to use it on tmobile or at&t and prepaid sim cards overseas.
    Concurring: unlocking a BB does not really enable any new functionality, unlike "jailbreaking" an iPhone or "rooting" a Droid. It isn't even breaking the terms of service; VZW will provide the unlock code itself for free to customers in good standing, after a stern lecture that they do not have any control over the charges you incur with the "foreign" SIM.
    02-01-10 01:13 AM
    Concurring: unlocking a BB does not really enable any new functionality, unlike "jailbreaking" an iPhone or "rooting" a Droid. It isn't even breaking the terms of service; VZW will provide the unlock code itself for free to customers in good standing, after a stern lecture that they do not have any control over the charges you incur with the "foreign" SIM.
    Good standing is merely one requirement they have.
    02-01-10 10:48 AM
    Good standing is merely one requirement they have.
    Yep. You have to be a customer in good standing for at least 60 days and even then you only get one unlock code every ten months.
    02-01-10 01:25 PM
    But even activating an unlocked BlackBerry on the network the system will register your esn as one that is. Smart phone and will tack on a data plan automatically. Even if it doesn't register at first Verizon's system will eventually red flag your account and it will be added. No way around it.

02-02-10 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD