I currently have a Samsung Blackjack. I have been using it for the past year. However it is broken and I was thinking about getting a blackberry. I currently have a data block on my phone and was wondering if I put my sim into the blackberry will it activate a data plan. If so is there anything I can do to avoid this? Or would I be better off using one of their cheap phones.
    Thanks
    12-01-09 02:28 PM
    U are grandfathered in since u had ur smartphone prior to sept. 6th. You'll be find if u use the BB with ur data block. Only when u upgrade to a new smartphone will u then have to add a data plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 07:29 PM
    So if I have a bb that is grandfathered in and add a line with another bb, would I be able to switch the sims then have a non smartphone on the new line and only be charged for 1 data plan?
    12-02-09 06:33 PM
    As long as u don't upgrade the line that doesn't have the data plan you'll be fine. U will only have data plan on the new line

12-02-09 07:25 PM
    As long as u don't upgrade the line that doesn't have the data plan you'll be fine. U will only have data plan on the new line

So I can cancel the data plan on the old bb and put the sim in the new bb and be fine? Just want to be perfectly sure before I pull the trigger. Dont wanna get stuck with paying for 2 data plans.
    12-04-09 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD