What kind of Blackberry and what provider is it branded with?
    01-22-08 06:46 PM
    Is a Curve 8300 from ATT
    01-22-08 06:54 PM
    I just got an email from Paypal saying gsmphonesource refunded my payment. I texted him asking why and no reply. So I've had this paperweight for a week now. Anymore sources?
    I know someone that can get Blackberry codes that are not found in the provider (ATT, T-Mobile, etc.) databases
    01-23-08 03:32 PM
    I purchased an AT&T 8300 and went to GSM PhoneSource.com for the unlock code. He charges $19 USD and has the unlock code to you in a matter of hours. I have used his service on several occassions and he is very trustworthy and reliable.

When I received my unlock code, I powered up the Curve with NO SIM installed.

Cingular / AT&T Curve, 8300, 8800

Can be done without a sim card inserted

1. go to settings

2 go to options

3. go to advanced options

4. go to sim card

5. Hold the ALT Key while typing in MEPE ( not case sensitive ) ( you will not see text appear on screen while typing )

6. It will say "Enter Network MEP Code, then you type in the unlock code, press in the trackball to confirm

7. Your phone is now unlocked

Hope this helps
    Very trusting and very reliable, except he couldn't unlock my 8310.
    01-23-08 09:49 PM
    ant17, I see you posting all over the place about unlocking your 8310. You say nobody can unlock it. Where did you get this 8310?

You also said HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, Canada’s Cellular Repair Center � doesn't unlock 8300's. They do but some devices aren't in the database. These are usually brand new devices or devices given away during a launch party.
    01-23-08 10:03 PM
    ant17, I see you posting all over the place about unlocking your 8310. You say nobody can unlock it. Where did you get this 8310?

You also said These are usually brand new devices or devices given away during a launch party.
    From a co-worker. Hers is unlocked, I may try to use her contact.

I never said no one.
    01-23-08 10:35 PM
    Good luck.
    01-23-08 11:06 PM
    I have a question as I didn't see this or maybe I missed it. Sprint now offers or is supposed to offer unlock codes for their customers. MY question is does anyone know how to unlock the Pearl? I have their Pearl & I wanted to know if anyone knows how to unlock it yet. Thx a bunch.
    01-25-08 10:37 AM
    can you help me with obtaining the unlock code for tmobile 8320? what does PM means
    01-26-08 03:04 PM
    That's rediculous. No, that's not true. PM for unlock code.
    can you have me in obtaining the unlock code for tmoilbe 8320 curve? what does PM mean?
    01-26-08 03:09 PM
    AT & T came through and emailed me the unlock code. I'm still a bit shocked.
    01-28-08 05:25 PM
    AT & T came through and emailed me the unlock code. I'm still a bit shocked.
    Are you a customer of theirs?
    01-28-08 06:49 PM
    i have ajust a general question most of my exp is in the win. os phones and the old BB ( 5 -8 years ago ) i have a t-mo BB after reading the BB 101 on the reload of the os for a gliched BB i was just wanting to know if some one was to have a problem with the os on the unit and was to reload the os from BB web instead of the cell web site would that also wipe the berry's lock code to the cell provider or is it hard coded to the motherbord and would need to have a unlock code ( traded a wing - win os6 for a brand new 8830 t-mo) i was wanting to know before i try it on my second curve ( yea i am bad i have two of them one for each hand )
    01-28-08 10:25 PM
    Can someone help me please? I'm completely lost. I purchased a bb 8300 curve on e-bay. Well I got the phone and it has a "Digicel" card in it It was suppose to be unlocked? Ya right if anything went smooth on e-bay it would be a miraculous right. Anyway I have T-mobile and wanted to just put my card in and be on my way? It appears that the phone is not unlocked and I have no clue what to do. Can you guy's help me or recommend me to someone that can help? Thanks
    01-29-08 09:34 AM
    Hello,

I got an unlock code for my phone and followed everyone's instructions on how to enter it. Did it, and now I'm curious as to how you search or find available carriers in the area? On other phones you locate the "Network" in the menu and then selcet "search for networks" and your off. I don't see that feature or command in the BB menu.
    01-29-08 12:31 PM
    Are you a customer of theirs?
    No, I'm T-Mobile. Screwed up and got the wrong phone on Ebay. The only thing I can't do is see my Fave-5. They still count as free minutes, they just don't show up on the screen. I have to go to the website and set the 5.
    01-30-08 07:39 PM
    No, I'm T-Mobile. Screwed up and got the wrong phone on Ebay. The only thing I can't do is see my Fave-5. They still count as free minutes, they just don't show up on the screen. I have to go to the website and set the 5.
    How did you contact them? What email?
    01-30-08 08:14 PM
    I just called them, they said they will email me the information in 7 days.
    01-30-08 08:34 PM
    I bought a blackberry curve 8310 from ebay and it was supposed to be unlocked before i got it but i guess that didnt happen so i was wondering if someone can help me unlock it. Someone send me some numbers that am supposed to type is but its not allowing me to type anything and the phone is still reading "NO VALID SIM CARD". Please someone help me
    01-31-08 06:16 PM
    I'm baffled at the fact that no website has any free tools or directions on how to calculate the unlock code. It should be fairly simple since it has already been figured out how the to get the code. I just got my hands on a T-Mo 8320 but I'm on ATT and I can't figure out how to get the code.
    02-01-08 06:05 AM
    I'm baffled at the fact that no website has any free tools or directions on how to calculate the unlock code. It should be fairly simple since it has already been figured out how the to get the code. I just got my hands on a T-Mo 8320 but I'm on ATT and I can't figure out how to get the code.
    Exactly what I'm looking for. 8320.

There are programs for the codes, but they aren't foolproof.

Its a complicated algorythm.
    02-01-08 08:00 PM
    I can't find those damn programs, at least not the ones for the Blackberry. I found all kinds of other stuff for unlocking all kinds of other phones.
    02-02-08 03:39 AM
    I can't find those damn programs, at least not the ones for the Blackberry. I found all kinds of other stuff for unlocking all kinds of other phones.
    Most of those are for every phone BUT the BB.
    02-02-08 07:29 AM
    Okay, just registered brand noob. I've been thinking about getting the T-Mobile Blackberry 8320, but I work at RadioShack and get a discount with AT&T so logically I would like to use the 8320 on AT&Ts network.

I've read through this thread a bit and it seems like murphydawg80 knows what he's talking about, so I would like to ask you a few questions. Hopefully you would be so kind as to answer.

That's the thing...you can call YOUR provider and get an unlock code for a phone branded by your provider. You cannot call t-mobile and get an unlock code if you are not a t-mobile customer, though. You will need to purchase a code from someone who can get them
    I do not yet have service with either AT&T or T-Mobile but my girlfriend does with T-Mobile, so do you think if I called them and asked them for the unlock code for an 8320 they would give it to me and I could subsequently use it with an AT&T account that I plan to establish? Or vice-versa.

Another question is about another thread about no MMS with certain devices. So when I use an unlocked T-Mobile device on AT&T's network (or vice-versa) is there any other features that will not be allowed? If there is a thread about this, as I would imagine it is a common question I just couldn't find any, could you redirect me?

Thank you for any help.
    02-02-08 07:41 PM
    Just got a reply from a 8320 seller.

He says the prepaid sims cannot be used in the BB.

I say BS. If the phone's unlocked what does it care what sim I use?

Who's right?
    02-02-08 07:44 PM
1,410 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD