Just spent an hour with AT&T (one in USA, other the international number)... are they catching on or is it all in who you get on the line. They won't give me anything as I am not a customer of AT&T. Did the overseas thing... no go. Time to chuck this POS???
    06-09-09 12:51 AM
    You need a CDMA phone to use with Verizon. One of their own branded blackberries is your only option.
    06-09-09 09:43 AM
    Verizon doesn't have blackberries that use SIM cards?
    06-09-09 09:50 AM
    Thanks for that information. Looks like I need an unlock code so I can put this back on Ebay.
    06-09-09 10:11 AM
    They have the 8830 which is a world phone..uses sim cards/operates on GSM as well as CDMA. All of the others are CDMA only (including storm, curve, pearl..)

Verizon doesn't like activating other companies phones on their service.
    06-09-09 10:12 AM
    I've read post after post... some pretty smart cookies on here. Lots of happy campers with their Blackberrys smiling away. Now; can someone help me? I bought a 8300 and it's locked with AT&T; problem... I use Verizon. I'm getting ready to head out of state this upcoming weekend for the birth of my grandbaby and now I don't have a cell phone to take as my Omnia is missing.

Where is the most reliable place to get the unlock code? Thanks in advance for all your help!
    You can't unlock an AT&T GSM phone for Verizon's CDMA network. The two networks are incompatible. There are some cases, however, where you can do the reverse (if Verizon has a world phone, such as the BlackBerry Storm that can work on the GSM network).

Sorry, you are out of luck on this one.
    06-09-09 10:33 AM
    Hey there...I'm about to move to London to attend grad school. AT&T just told me that I can purchase a Blackberry Curve 8300 here in DC for a reasonable price and get out of their one year contract for pretty cheap, which is what I will do.

I've read a number of posts in regards to having the phone unlocked. I have some assurance from AT&T that they'll do that for me before I leave, but I have my doubts about the requirements for them doing that. From this thread, apparently there are a number of ways one can get a phone unlocked anyway.

But before I buy this phone, I wanted to find out if anyone else has used a Blackberry 8300 in London and which SIM card provider they used. It seems that I've read a couple of posts where people purchased SIM cards that were incompatible with this Blackbery. I'm very confused about how that whole process works. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
    E
    06-11-09 12:46 PM
    If it's unlocked then will work. But it must be GSM device.
    06-12-09 02:16 AM
    does any one know where can i purchase the unlock code for my blackberry 8350i.. i've had trouble getting it from sprint/nextel....
    06-13-09 04:34 AM
    go to youtube and look at their demonstration videoes. It is very simple to follow the instructions with the video. My question is how and where do you get the code to actually unlock the phone after you enter the MEPD etc.
    06-13-09 05:28 AM
    does any one know where can i purchase the unlock code for my blackberry 8350i.. i've had trouble getting it from sprint/nextel....
    I believe that that phone was designed to work on the Nextel iDen network.
    Unlocking it would do no good as there are no compatible networks out there.
    I could be wrong.
    Good Luck!
    06-13-09 08:51 AM
    Hello,

I have a t-mobile 8320 and i switched my carrier to AT&T. I want to unlock my phone but don't know where i can get the code for it. i am no longer t-mobile customer so they won't help. Please advice. Thanks
    06-13-09 02:01 PM
    its kinda tricky
    06-14-09 10:34 AM
    call tmobile and tell them your a students who's leavin in the morning and want to unlock your phone so that you can keep in contact with family in the us. Tell them that your going to germany or london> And you do not want 2 change your plan to an international plan.. Also tell them that your a student and that you have been a loyal customer. However make sure you use an account number and passcode thats been active or over 6 months.
    06-14-09 10:36 AM
    After that you should nt have nay problems. If they ask to email it to you. Tell them never nevermind and call again and you'll reach a differant call center. it always works with any carrier accept verizon. but i have a trick 4 them too!...lol.
    06-14-09 10:37 AM
    Anybody know how to access the MEP mode? Its not the usual M-E-P-D or M-E-P-P-D. Any ideas?
    hi,

i just got my blackberry so sorry for the basic question but what is MEP mode ?

jamion
    06-14-09 10:41 AM
    Hello,

I have a t-mobile 8320 and i switched my carrier to AT&T. I want to unlock my phone but don't know where i can get the code for it. i am no longer t-mobile customer so they won't help. Please advice. Thanks
    Hey Vince, I can unlock it for $3.95
    PM or send me an email ^ - ^ Thx.
    06-17-09 07:14 PM
    Hey Vince, I can unlock it for $3.95
    PM or send me an email ^ - ^ Thx.
    NO SELLING IN FORUMS OR SPAMMING.

post reported.
    06-17-09 08:00 PM
    Hello,

don't pay anyone for a code,its free.
    06-17-09 08:01 PM
    where do I get the code from???
    06-19-09 07:26 AM
    where do I get the code from???
    Provider. BEWARE of pvt messages of spammers trying to sell you one. They're free.

see link below for process.
    Last edited by ant17; 06-19-09 at 07:59 AM.
    06-19-09 07:51 AM
    Can anyone suggest a good current site to get the unlock code for a UK O2 8310 unlocked, please?
    The phone was my employers, they have liquidated sadly I want to try and keep the phone, but O2 will not want me to have the unlock code as the phone was less than a month old when the business closed!
    My other option but VERY! costly is if i call O2 and try and port the number and account to me personally, all I want is to be able to use the phone and not have to re-build my entire phonebook onto another phone as I can't really afoard an new BB

Many thanks
    Last edited by Derek Mc; 06-20-09 at 02:15 PM.
    06-20-09 02:07 PM
    I need one.....can u gie me one plz?? My 8300 is on ATT and i'm not getting any changes when i type MEP2
    06-20-09 06:58 PM
    is there a way to unlock a curve using sprint
    06-20-09 10:11 PM
    So if at top of the page says SIM Card: Security Disabled and everything below says disabled only the Network has Active, this means my fone is unlocked?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 06:52 PM
1,410 ... 4243444546 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD