follow the free unlock thread in this link below. read it!
    07-25-08 08:36 PM
    Hi please need help I have Blackberry curve 8320 for t-mobile I want to unlock for at&t but don't know how to go about doing this! can any one help guide me through this or teach me?
    07-25-08 10:54 PM
    Hi please need help I have Blackberry curve 8320 for t-mobile I want to unlock for at&t but don't know how to go about doing this! can any one help guide me through this or teach me?
    Post right above yours, follow the link.
    07-26-08 07:11 AM
    Hi, everyone, I had a blackberry curve and was using AT&T, now I just canceled my plan with at&t and wanna go to t-mobile, I have to unlock my phone to do that correct?

My sim card no longer works on the phone, will this be a problem when I try to unlock it?
    07-28-08 02:30 PM
    Hi, everyone, I had a blackberry curve and was using AT&T, now I just canceled my plan with at&t and wanna go to t-mobile, I have to unlock my phone to do that correct?

My sim card no longer works on the phone, will this be a problem when I try to unlock it?
    Depends on whether your phone WAS locked. Shouldn't be a problem unlocking, I did one w/out the sim in it.

Follow thread below about unlocking.
    07-28-08 07:36 PM
    what is the unlock the curve use for???
    07-29-08 05:50 PM
    Excuse me for entering into a probably unknown (for a fact) area for you. As a previous cracker wrote from Central America, but in reverse, I own a BB 8300 Curve, but my case is that I bought it from CLARO a provider in Latin America, and I travel a lot to the US where I have a pre-paid account with T-Mobile and would like to be able to use it (BB 8300) in the US. Is there a universal code cracking system that could be used on my BB 8300 coded by CLARO? Or, can you suggest a place where I can look fon an answer? Thank you in advance.
    07-29-08 11:28 PM
    Where do you get the unlock codes from?
    07-30-08 05:40 PM
    Not a painful process for me. Three days ago called tech support at AT&T, told them that wife and I would be travelling outside the US, we'd like to use our BBs but not have to pay the $1.99/min fees. The CSR was very nice...gave him the IMEI numbers, (Options>Status>IMEI) and had the code(s) in 2 minutes. Just be cool and know why you want the code.
    08-01-08 08:21 AM
    Once again thanks to GSM Phone Source for another pain free Unlock code..
    08-01-08 11:55 AM
    Is this code the same on a sprint curve? Mine didn't come with a SIM card... or maybe it did, but was already in there... My first blackberry so it is taking a while to get accustomed.
    08-01-08 03:50 PM
    Not a painful process for me. Three days ago called tech support at AT&T, told them that wife and I would be travelling outside the US, we'd like to use our BBs but not have to pay the $1.99/min fees. The CSR was very nice...gave him the IMEI numbers, (Options>Status>IMEI) and had the code(s) in 2 minutes. Just be cool and know why you want the code.
    Excellent, shows that there never is a need to pay anyone ever.
    08-01-08 05:30 PM
    Where do you get the unlock codes from?
    service provider
    08-01-08 05:31 PM
    I know the MEP code is dependent on each BlackBerry's IMEI #, but where can I find my Berry's IMEI #? I found it once before, but forget where it is.

THANKS.
    Didn't see this get answered. Go to phone and type *#06# and IMEI will come up. Also under battery.

On unlocking: MEPD or also MEP2 will take you right to where you enter the code.

I tried 2 unlocking services because I hated to call and lie to AT&T. Both were unable to give me my code. I was fixing to try #3 when I decided to go ahead and make the call to AT&T. I was on hold for 8 minutes waiting for "the next available customer representative". When she finally came on I told her I was scheduled to fly to Dubai next week and needed the unlock code for my BB. After a few verification questions she told me I had to buy their $65 international service something or other to get my code. I told her I didn't need the code if I had an international plan and that I would be using a different carrier over there and 30 seconds later I had my code. Total time 12 minutes. Total cost free.

Make the call. It's not that hard. It's FREE.
    Last edited by grandpa; 08-01-08 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Cuz I can't remember everything while I'm typing...My brain shuts down..
    08-01-08 07:08 PM
    Didn't see this get answered. Go to phone and type *#06# and IMEI will come up. Also under battery.

On unlocking: MEPD or also MEP2 will take you right to where you enter the code.

I tried 2 unlocking services because I hated to call and lie to AT&T. Both were unable to give me my code. I was fixing to try #3 when I decided to go ahead and make the call to AT&T. I was on hold for 8 minutes waiting for "the next available customer representative". When she finally came on I told her I was scheduled to fly to Dubai next week and needed the unlock code for my BB. After a few verification questions she told me I had to buy their $65 international service something or other to get my code. I told her I didn't need the code if I had an international plan and that I would be using a different carrier over there and 30 seconds later I had my code. Total time 12 minutes. Total cost free.

Make the call. It's not that hard. It's FREE.
    EXCELLENT!!! well done!!!!
    08-01-08 07:53 PM
    did you get it unlocked, I'm having the same problem with my BB
    08-02-08 10:35 AM
    Options - Advanced Options - Sim Card - type MEPD then MEP2

and hey presto.
    What does this get you and what do you do with it??
    08-03-08 11:27 AM
    What does this get you and what do you do with it??
    READ THE FIRST 600 POSTS!!!
    08-03-08 02:39 PM
    My bb is locked to T-Mo, and my employer pays the data charges. I'd like to use the phone with Verizon but keep the T-Mo data plan. Possible?
    08-04-08 04:45 PM
    Excellent, shows that there never is a need to pay anyone ever.
    ...unless your carrier won't give you the code. Especially true with countries other than the US.
    08-04-08 06:23 PM
    My bb is locked to T-Mo, and my employer pays the data charges. I'd like to use the phone with Verizon but keep the T-Mo data plan. Possible?
    No, not possible. Verizon's CDMA network is not compatible with GSM phones.
    08-04-08 06:24 PM
    ...unless your carrier won't give you the code. Especially true with countries other than the US.
    NOT quite, the customer can do exactly what the unlock service does to get it or die trying!
    08-04-08 07:49 PM
    NOT quite, the customer can do exactly what the unlock service does to get it or die trying!
    True, ATT and T-Mobile will give you codes...if you "Die trying". Although, T-Mobile have to have been a customer for 90 days. What about Digicell in the carribean? What about the other providers outside the US who couldn't give a rip about any law suits that happened in the US?

Simple fact remains that if you don't want to "die trying" to get a code and have an extra $20, you can get one worry free from a seller. If you do get some deadbeat, Paypal protects you...If you can't afford an extra $20, then you couldn't afford that $300+ phone.

You have to buy from a seller if you are in a non-US country who's provider simply won't give it to you.

Ant: why didn't you help that member from South America in your thread who's provider refused? You seemed to ignore that one...oh well. Why do have such a hate for capitalism? What do you do for a living? I am sure that you do something no one else can be trained to do.

Fact of the matter is...many people lose more money wasting time on the phone with their carrier than sitting back and allowing a code seller to get theirs directly from the respective provider database.

I PROMISE YOU THAT SELLERS DO NOT SIT ON THE PHONE WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE ALL DAY...that doesn't even make sense.

I know a code seller who sold 40 ATT codes to a guy at one time (I know first hand, I was there)...you think that seller called ATT 40 times? Get real...he didn't. His time was more valuable than the 20-30 hours that would have taken.
    08-04-08 08:08 PM
    True, ATT and T-Mobile will give you codes...if you "Die trying". Although, T-Mobile have to have been a customer for 90 days. What about Digicell in the carribean? What about the other providers outside the US who couldn't give a rip about any law suits that happened in the US?

Simple fact remains that if you don't want to "die trying" to get a code and have an extra $20, you can get one worry free from a seller. If you do get some deadbeat, Paypal protects you...If you can't afford an extra $20, then you couldn't afford that $300+ phone.

You have to buy from a seller if you are in a non-US country who's provider simply won't give it to you.

Ant: why didn't you help that member from South America in your thread who's provider refused? You seemed to ignore that one...oh well. Why do have such a hate for capitalism? What do you do for a living? I am sure that you do something no one else can be trained to do.

Fact of the matter is...many people lose more money wasting time on the phone with their carrier than sitting back and allowing a code seller to get theirs directly from the respective provider database.

I PROMISE YOU THAT SELLERS DO NOT SIT ON THE PHONE WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE ALL DAY...that doesn't even make sense.

I know a code seller who sold 40 ATT codes to a guy at one time (I know first hand, I was there)...you think that seller called ATT 40 times? Get real...he didn't. His time was more valuable than the 20-30 hours that would have taken.
    BS, Little disclaimer here YOU SELL UNLOCK services!!! I don't sell anything.

This thread and others here show time and time again, there is NEVER a need to pay for unlock service. No 90 day wait, that too is BS. Got mine from T-mo in 2 days. Others got theirs instantly.

I don't profess to know what other countries do in terms of unlock, NEVER did!!

Like my sig. says, unlock for free never pay anyone ever!

No one ever lost a dime getting their phone unlocked free.

Sellers couldn't unlock my phone! Then I did it myself for free!!!!

Get a real job and earn, instead of selling services that are free!

And definitely not doing it in this forum. Against the rules.
    08-04-08 08:39 PM
    BS, Little disclaimer here YOU SELL UNLOCK services!!! I don't sell anything.

This thread and others here show time and time again, there is NEVER a need to pay for unlock service. No 90 day wait, that too is BS. Got mine from T-mo in 2 days. Others got theirs instantly.

I don't profess to know what other countries do in terms of unlock, NEVER did!!

Like my sig. says, unlock for free never pay anyone ever!

No one ever lost a dime getting their phone unlocked free.

Sellers couldn't unlock my phone! Then I did it myself for free!!!!

Get a real job and earn, instead of selling services that are free!

And definitely not doing it in this forum. Against the rules.

Hey, you said that I sell services...not me.

Well, I don't know for sure about T-Mobile...that's just what I read from others. I'm not a customer, so I have never needed to call them.

You sell something buddy, unless you eat in a soup kitchen. Your time or your goods...you have to sell one or the other in order to eat. Unless you lie to get food like you do to get codes

I am not sure why you attack me personally...obviously this isn't my day job, nor does it (or ever has) produce much money at all...its just something easy to do for those that can't get free codes.

Before you mistakenly say, "you never pay for a code"...you and I both know that there are situations where some would need to pay for a code (ie. non-US providers)

If you ask me, this personal crusade you have against code sellers is pretty funny...what is your vested interest? Why have you gone to the great length of starting a thread and linking in your signature

That's just a little wierd.

...and what does BS stand for? Is that appropriate here?
    Last edited by murphydawg80; 08-04-08 at 11:23 PM.
    08-04-08 11:20 PM
1,410 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD