i typed that into my phone, and it says i need network mep code how do i get that code?
    You can get that code free from your provider. Just tell them that you're travelling overseas or something. Alternatively, you can buy the code. Just do a google search for unlocking blackberry
    04-11-08 02:38 AM
    i typed that into my phone, and it says i need network mep code how do i get that code?
    Definitely don't pay for an unlock, Its absolutely free from the locking provider.
    04-11-08 07:42 PM
    The rules state that I can't advertise my own services...not that someone else can't suggest my services. I appreciate it anyway eyenstein.
    04-11-08 09:19 PM
    No telling who he is?
    04-11-08 09:45 PM
    I followed the steps stated : on MEPD I got the first menu which gives a long ID# and then shows disabled on everything except under Network. On MEP2 I got a box asking to enter MEP code. Where is it?
    04-12-08 10:11 AM
    I followed the steps stated : on MEPD I got the first menu which gives a long ID# and then shows disabled on everything except under Network. On MEP2 I got a box asking to enter MEP code. Where is it?
    You ask for it from ATT. They will give it to you free, do not pay,its free.
    04-12-08 01:16 PM
    so what if i got a at&t bb but i got t mobile how would i get the mep code i mean i cant just call them and ask them can i????
    04-13-08 03:08 PM
    so what if i got a at&t bb but i got t mobile how would i get the mep code i mean i cant just call them and ask them can i????
    Thats exactly how I got mine, and I wasn't even a customer of theirs.

They emailed it in a week with instructions.

Some have got their code even sooner.

Just don't pay anyone.
    04-13-08 06:32 PM
    I am at work so please excuse me if I havent scoured this entire thread to find my answer.

I have an 8320 for T-Mobile and am using it on the T-Mobile network. If I unlock it, are there any advantages?

I ask this because in the same situation for a RAZR, if unlocked, opens up different games and the ability to use email.
    04-14-08 06:48 PM
    Unlocked gives you the choice of which provider to use.

If you go to Europe, you can pop in a sim from the tobacco shop instead of paying $5.00 a minute for your US carrier. Same w/razr
    04-14-08 07:06 PM
    I understand that, but does it 'open' or 'unlock' apps that normally are carrier locked?
    04-14-08 07:09 PM
    I understand that, but does it 'open' or 'unlock' apps that normally are carrier locked?
    That,I am not aware of. I don't know of locked apps.
    04-14-08 07:31 PM
    can i unlock my 8310 curve from ATT to be used with sprint? if so can i get the unlock code from ATT themselves? or do i have to pay for it?
    04-15-08 03:45 PM
    can i unlock my 8310 curve from ATT to be used with sprint? if so can i get the unlock code from ATT themselves? or do i have to pay for it?
    Impossible, a completely different system.

Can unlock but not use w/sprint. Don't pay to unlock, its free.
    04-15-08 06:32 PM
    you say its free? so where do i get the unlock code from?
    04-16-08 09:21 AM
    you say its free? so where do i get the unlock code from?
    Att customer service. Call them. They will email it to you.
    04-16-08 07:00 PM
    what is the purpose of unlocking the phone
    04-18-08 08:44 PM
    what is the purpose of unlocking the phone
    READ THE THREAD! ALL 28 PAGES.
    04-18-08 08:47 PM
    Hi! I'm about to unlock my Curve, and I need more info - please help (BTW - I read ALL 28 pages in this thread and didn't see the information I need ) This isn't about the unlocking steps - I understand that part.

Please forgive me if these are stupid questions - I'm a newbie when it comes to unlocking!

I have a TMO 8320. I'm going to Canada for a few days next week. Please answer the following:

1. Where would I buy a SIM card in the Toronto area (would I go to a Carrier like Rogers, or would they be sold elsewhere)?

2. While I'm using the Canadian SIM, what happens to my emails and calls that are being sent to my regular TMO account?

3. When I return to the US and switch back to my original TMO SIM, will I still have the my TMO services like My Faves, and H@H? If not, will I have to go through extra steps/configuration to get them back?

4. Do I have to buy a voice/data plan in Toronto to activate the SIM when I buy it?
    04-19-08 12:41 AM
    Hi! I'm about to unlock my Curve, and I need more info - please help (BTW - I read ALL 28 pages in this thread and didn't see the information I need ) This isn't about the unlocking steps - I understand that part.

Please forgive me if these are stupid questions - I'm a newbie when it comes to unlocking!

I have a TMO 8320. I'm going to Canada for a few days next week. Please answer the following:

1. Where would I buy a SIM card in the Toronto area (would I go to a Carrier like Rogers, or would they be sold elsewhere)?

In Europe, they would be sold at tobacco shops. I've never been to Canada.

2. While I'm using the Canadian SIM, what happens to my emails and calls that are being sent to my regular TMO account?

You account will be intact when you return, including received messages.

3. When I return to the US and switch back to my original TMO SIM, will I still have the my TMO services like My Faves, and H@H? If not, will I have to go through extra steps/configuration to get them back?

Yes, No.

4. Do I have to buy a voice/data plan in Toronto to activate the SIM when I buy it?
    Voice, no, data,I'm not sure. PP sim is what you would use there.
    04-19-08 10:48 AM
    ANT17 is absolutely right.....I called T-Mobile and told them I was going out of the country.

I had the unlock code less than 12 hours later.

It was totally hassle free, and best of all it was free!

Thanks ANT17, you are the man!
    04-21-08 10:13 AM
    I just unlocked my AT&T Curve. AT&T gave me the unlock code over the phone. My next question is: When I am abroad, and stick a local sim card in (instead of my ATT one), will I still have the ability to PIN my blackberry messenger contacts ?
    04-21-08 01:00 PM
    Ok
    so i get to that screen, but then how do you unlock ur code, i dont see anywhere where i can get access codes to unluck it and which section to enable inorder for it to be unlocked
    04-21-08 04:17 PM
    I Have Some Issues> I Am A New Blackberry User And Downloaded Opera Mini But I Keep Getting An Error Message When I Try To Load It. The Error Message Just Tells Me To Go To The Website But The Website Has Been No Help. Any Tricks Or Settings That I Should Be Changing To Get This To Work. Any Help Would Be Very Greatful.
    04-22-08 11:39 AM
    Thanks for the info, Ant! I'm going to call TMO now!
    04-22-08 01:11 PM
1,410 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD