I have never unlocked a phone before but I have a Blackberry Curve and I need to unlock it. I just need to know where to find the code to put in the phone if any one can help please let me know
    03-15-08 05:10 PM
    need help
    I go t-mobile to unlock my BBcurve. However my service provider says that the data section of the phone needs to be unlocked so they can not connect me to BB data services. Tmobile sys my service provider should be able to give me service i request. my question is once the sim is unlock is there any other unlocking to be done.
    03-15-08 05:17 PM
    None!!! I never heard of anything else.
    03-15-08 05:35 PM
    need help
    I go t-mobile to unlock my BBcurve. However my service provider says that the data section of the phone needs to be unlocked so they can not connect me to BB data services. Tmobile sys my service provider should be able to give me service i request. my question is once the sim is unlock is there any other unlocking to be done.
    The only other "lock", I know of is if the phone is currently registered on the original owner's account with his/her network, you won't be able to register the phone on your network. The original owner would have to have it deregistered from his/her account. This is NOT the same as a subsidy lock that can be removed by simple code.
    03-17-08 02:15 PM
    The repetition of questions in this thread made me lol. The biggest compilation of idiots on a forum ever, summarized.
    03-19-08 06:50 PM
    The repetition of questions in this thread made me lol. The biggest compilation of idiots on a forum ever, summarized.
    Clearly demonstrates their failure to read, and see the answer to their Q several pages back.
    03-19-08 07:09 PM
    i have 8300 black berry it has country code do you help me.it brought from canada
    03-21-08 12:14 AM
    please help me how can i unlock bb 8300.please send me code to unlock.my imei no is 3557720101323009
    03-21-08 12:21 AM
    Wow! Learn to read before asking questions. That is all I can say.

Also, thank you to all who spent time answering the same question over and over and over again.
    03-24-08 10:55 PM
    please help me how can i unlock bb 8300.please send me code to unlock.my imei no is 3557720101323009
    REad posts 1-357.
    03-25-08 05:17 AM
    i bought this ebay item 3 days ago but they send me a 8-digit code and my phone needs a 16-digit code, could you help me with this problem, i have only 4 times remaining to enter the code
    03-29-08 07:47 PM
    i bought this ebay item 3 days ago but they send me a 8-digit code and my phone needs a 16-digit code, could you help me with this problem, i have only 4 times remaining to enter the code
    Stop entering code right now. You will render that phone useless even to the manufacturer.
    03-29-08 09:00 PM
    Awsome!! Just unlocked my BB for FREE. :-D
    03-31-08 03:54 PM
    I have a question: how do I unlock my phone???

Seriously, I read this ENTIRE thread and thanks to all of you, T-mobile is sending my unlock code in <24 hrs, even though I've only had the phone 40 days.

Just had to call & ask nicely!
    03-31-08 06:55 PM
    I have a question: how do I unlock my phone???

Seriously, I read this ENTIRE thread and thanks to all of you, T-mobile is sending my unlock code in <24 hrs, even though I've only had the phone 40 days.

Just had to call & ask nicely!
    Options, Advanced Options, Sim Card, then type MEPD then MEP2

On the Sim Card screen, you won't see a field to type into, just type those letters on your QWETY keyboard, then you will you will have to type in MEP2 next, then somehow you need to get hold of that 16 digit number, hope you got a friend who works for T-Mobile! Of Course you need that long digit first, don't be like me and mess up your Sim Card........ oh, wait a minute too late, you already did, at least we know the code now every time the sim is removed!
    03-31-08 11:29 PM
    got denied for unlock until 90 days after activation. frustrating because "Samantha" sounded like it was a done deal when i requested it yesterday. makes me less likely to stay with t-mobile after contract finishes. should i persist with the request or is it futile?
    04-01-08 12:20 PM
    should i persist with the request or is it futile?
    try waiting 90 days?
    04-01-08 12:26 PM
    got denied for unlock until 90 days after activation. frustrating because "Samantha" sounded like it was a done deal when i requested it yesterday. makes me less likely to stay with t-mobile after contract finishes. should i persist with the request or is it futile?
    Definitely escalate to 2nd or 3rd level manager.

You have a trip to Italy next week and want to use Italian sim cards in your phone there.

Stick to it. Do not give up. That 90 day is BS. Your not breaking contract.

You WILL get it.
    04-01-08 07:16 PM
    I feel stupid. I did this and got an extended view. My queston. Why?? What does that do for me and my RUBY Curve 8310???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-08 10:14 PM
    I feel stupid. I did this and got an extended view. My queston. Why?? What does that do for me and my RUBY Curve 8310???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It allows you to use the carrier of your choice, repeated 100 times here!
    04-01-08 10:23 PM
    So guys, I read on page 17 or 18 from someone that if it says Security Disabled, it means that the phone is in unlocked mode. So here is mine. I would like to know if it's unlocked. I haven't done anything yet. So is it unlock?

04-01-08 11:08 PM
    So guys, I read on page 17 or 18 from someone that if it says Security Disabled, it means that the phone is in unlocked mode. So here is mine. I would like to know if it's unlocked. I haven't done anything yet. So is it unlock?

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/3566/bbcurveef5.jpg
    no...because it says Active next to the network, that means that the network is locked on the phone. Before i unlocked mine, everything was the same as your picture. Now, all of them say disabled. hth
    04-02-08 07:42 AM
    Hey guys ... new member here...I had the Iphone was wasnt too too impressed and decided to switch over to BB....I am an AT&T customer so i had to unlock my Curve8320..so heres what I did...call Tmobile and tell them your going over seas and you would like to get ur phone unlocked so u can use one of those pre-paid SIM cards or w.e they use over there so u dont get slammed with roaming charges.. of coarse u need to be with someone who IS a Tmobile customer so u can give them their info and even put there SIM into your phone...After all that the lady had no problem taking my email addy and sending me the UNLOCK code FOR FREE... all i did was follow the steps to get to the unlocking process (which came with the Email) and bam , my phone was unlocked... It only took less that 24 hours for me to receive my Email and everything worked smoothly....Just an idea I threw out there for the people not really wanting to spend money on unlocking your phone...You will have to give them some info about your BB but they run you through the process and they are quite friendly about the whole situation...If anyone tries this let me know how it went for you , because it worked like a charm for me...so GOOD LUCK and HAPPY Curving!! - Kris
    04-02-08 07:44 AM
    no...because it says Active next to the network, that means that the network is locked on the phone. Before i unlocked mine, everything was the same as your picture. Now, all of them say disabled. hth
    Ok. I remember somewhere on the thread, an advice was given to contact the provider, in my case, ATT. However, someone asked previously what to tell to the ATT CSR to request for the unlock code but I didn't see the response. I'm planning to call them later but I don't know what I should tell them. Can someone please help?

Oh, even though I still don't have the unlock code yet, I tried MEPD and MEP2, it didn't bring up the prompt? I do get to the MEPD screen as shown on my image above.

Thanks.
    04-02-08 08:40 AM
    Ok. I remember somewhere on the thread, an advice was given to contact the provider, in my case, ATT. However, someone asked previously what to tell to the ATT CSR but I didn't see the response. I'm planning to call them later but I don't know what I should tell them. Can someone please help?

Thanks.
    this one sounds like the best idea i've heard yet...

tell them your going over seas and you would like to get ur phone unlocked so u can use one of those pre-paid SIM cards or w.e they use over there so u dont get slammed with roaming charges
    04-02-08 08:42 AM
1,410 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD