And for the rest of you...

You guys all need to calm down, all ant is trying to say is that there are free ways to get your phone unlocked, so before you go out and pay for it...try calling your service provider......he's just trying to help so....simma down...
    02-20-08 10:09 AM
    I won't simma down...he has called me a scammer on numerous occasions and it is beginning to **** me off.

Andrew
    SportComm

And for the rest of you...

You guys all need to calm down, all ant is trying to say is that there are free ways to get your phone unlocked, so before you go out and pay for it...try calling your service provider......he's just trying to help so....simma down...
    02-20-08 10:57 AM
    I called no one on this forum any names ever!

I said there are scammers.

As sandman correctly pointed out, you never have to pay anyone to unlock your phone, unless you just do not want to ask the provider.

I got an att phone unlocked as a NON-customer, and a T-mo phone unlocked as a customer.

Both provided me the unlock code in a week or less.
    02-20-08 07:05 PM
    ok so here is how it goes about a week ago i had went to see my boy(a good friend of mine) cause he owed me some money($50)...he didnt have it...instead he gives me this blackberry curve(8310) and he says i can have it, instead of the money he said he found it coming home 1 day(and yes i do believe him cause hes not that type of person to steal) so he tells me to take it and sell it and keep what ever i get for it...now my question is..its at&t and its not CONNECTED (now the more i play with the phone the more i like it but i dont like at&t), so i just want to know can i get it unlocked even though its NOT connected and how(i rather go with t-mobile)...if any1 can help me it would be highly appreciated
    Last edited by wildstyle; 02-21-08 at 02:40 AM.
    02-21-08 02:32 AM
    Place another companies sim in there to verify that its locked.

If its not, your good and can use a t mo sim.

If its locked to att, and the phone is either reported lost or stolen, I have NO idea whether they would unlock it for you.

They would possibly know more once you give them the imei.

They unlocked mine, but I bought it from someone.

As an angle, tell them you either want a minimal plan with no contract or would like to use prepaid.

You can always ask later if they will unlock it.

All they can say is no.
    02-21-08 05:45 AM
    Sell it...but a T-Mo Curve (8320)...better anyway, its WiFi.
    02-21-08 09:21 AM
    Okay, I read thru the posts but didnt see the answer to a question I have. Once I unlock an At&T 8310 and pop in my T-Mobile sim card will I be able to use all of the functions? Like unlocking the themes, being able to receive emails and SMS messages?
    02-21-08 10:57 AM
    Okay, I read thru the posts but didnt see the answer to a question I have. Once I unlock an At&T 8310 and pop in my T-Mobile sim card will I be able to use all of the functions? Like unlocking the themes, being able to receive emails and SMS messages?
    You will be able to do everything, phone, sms, mms, emails...etc...

unlocking the themes is a separate process
    02-21-08 01:06 PM
    You will be able to do everything, phone, sms, mms, emails...etc...

unlocking the themes is a separate process
    Yep...what he said
    02-21-08 03:12 PM
    Ok so here's the deal.. I found a blackberry curve at work.. And no I didn't steal it! The only problem is it's password protected. Is there any way that I can some how crack the lock code so that I can gain access to the phone?
    02-21-08 03:56 PM
    Well, I bought a Curve off a local guy on craigslist. Its locked to At&T. I ordered an unlock code from gsmphonesource and I'm waiting for it. I hope all goes well cause I am like a kid on christmas! My question is can I use the blackberry messenger? I think I read somewhere that I would have to call AT&T for them to release the PIN. Is this true? BTW I have T-Mobile and they wouldnt unlock it for me. The CSR said she couldnt unlock another providers phone. No biggie. I paid for a code. How long do I have to wait to play with my CURVE?
    02-21-08 08:19 PM
    Thats correct!,

After you get your refund for the unlock you just paid for, call att and ask for the subsidy unlock code, your traveling to europe.

They'll give it to you for free.(even to non-customer)
    02-21-08 08:44 PM
    I bet 99.9999999999% chance GSM can't unlock your phone.

They will however refund you.
    02-21-08 08:45 PM
    WHOA, why can't they unlock my phone? How do I unlock it then? I'm not an AT&T customer. I bought it second hand.
    02-21-08 08:51 PM
    WHOA, why can't they unlock my phone? How do I unlock it then? I'm not an AT&T customer. I bought it second hand.
    Bought mine 2nd hand too, att unlocked free, just had to wait a week.
    02-21-08 08:54 PM
    Now I'm bummed. So I just have to call ATT and tell them.......? Also, will GSM refund me ASAP? They shouldnt advertise they can unlock it if they can't. Thats false advertising.
    02-21-08 08:57 PM
    Now I'm bummed. So I just have to call ATT and tell them.......? Also, will GSM refund me ASAP? They shouldnt advertise they can unlock it if they can't. Thats false advertising.
    Yes,it is, I foolishly paid 4 services to unlock my 8310.

Each and every one failed miserably. They all refunded completely.

Then I called att.

Case closed. I'm unlocked.
    02-21-08 08:59 PM
    Okay. When I call ATT what do I say?
    02-21-08 09:01 PM
    Okay. When I call ATT what do I say?
    read 294. 294 thats it.
    02-21-08 09:03 PM
    I don't have At&T but a friend of mine does. She said she will call the international number for the unlock code. Does she have to say she's traveling to Europe? I already gave her my IMEI number.
    02-21-08 09:43 PM
    I don't have At&T but a friend of mine does. She said she will call the international number for the unlock code. Does she have to say she's traveling to Europe? I already gave her my IMEI number.
    If they ask.
    02-21-08 09:45 PM
    Alrighty then. Thanks. She's going to call tomorrow morning. I begged her to call tonite but she wants to got to bed. I'm soo excited about my Curve.
    02-21-08 09:50 PM
    Where do you get the code to input?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-08 07:45 AM
    ant says you can call the provider. In my case its an ATT phone so I should call them and tell them I'm traveling overseas and need to unlock the phone to use a different sim card. Murph says I can pay to have the phone code emailed to me. I paid for a code last nite and am waiting for it.
    02-22-08 08:08 AM
    YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Got my unlock code from gsm 10min ago. Followed the instructions and BOOM! I now have an unlocked blackberry curve! Heaven. Thanks to all for the advice. I got fast service and it was a snap to do. Now, I have to pimp my Curve like I did my 8700.
    02-22-08 11:31 AM
1,410 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD